Finding about my great grandmother

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cursio

Finding about my great grandmother

Post by cursio »

She went by the name Nancy which would be Annunziata in italian,or mary/millie/maria. Last name Esposito. her husband was joseph(giuseppe)fiore. this looks to be the correct listing for giuseppe based of his age and year of immigration I had from the census. http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... F&fromEI=1
But how would i go about finding nancy(annunziata),like what town she was from or ellis island records?
She was born 1878/1880. she appears to have a brother Salvatore esposito(born ab 1879)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Finding about my great grandmother

Post by suanj »

cursio wrote:She went by the name Nancy which would be Annunziata in italian,or mary/millie/maria. Last name Esposito. her husband was joseph(giuseppe)fiore. this looks to be the correct listing for giuseppe based of his age and year of immigration I had from the census. http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... F&fromEI=1
But how would i go about finding nancy(annunziata),like what town she was from or ellis island records?
She was born 1878/1880. she appears to have a brother Salvatore esposito(born ab 1879)
The census... are an Nancy married to Joseph Fiore year of imm. 1896 but age 40 in 1930...
are this your ancestors? the first name Nancy could be Annunziata, but also the Nunzia or Nunziata..
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cursio

Post by cursio »

Still havent found her
What is the best way to find info for example where she was from in italy?
I know someone in campania region ,thats a definite but where specifically

Is finding about espositos just too difficult? its also such a common last name

Btw suanj,no thats not them,I found the census records of them already,they lived in orange,NJ. In the 1910 census, there is Salvatore and Jennie esposito living next door to them. That is likely a brother to my great grandmother,Nunziata. How can I find out more about this salvatore esposito? can someone help me out,and Maybe search all the espositos in orange,essex,NJ?
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Have you a census record for Salvatore in 1920? Maybe he wasn't in NJ at that time....?

Trying to zero in on a WW1 draft record... or other info...

On the 1910 census... what was the year of immigration for Salvatore?

Also, what name did Ancestry.com list Giuseppe Fiore, I would like to see the census record you speak of...?

mfjp
cursio

Post by cursio »

Salvatore died sometime between 1910 and 1920...he is not on the 1920 census
His wife and kids were living with Joseph(guiseppe fiore) and Nunziata esposito( my g grandparents) in 1920
Salvatore is Nunziatas brother. He is not on WWI draft card because he likely died before 1917/18
I went to the library and got on the ancestry site.
I found Dominick Salvatore esposito (thats salvatore and jennies son) . Born 1899 in italy....His mother is Genereve? Esposito..Living at 10 Christopher st,orange,NJ.

I found John Esposito WW1 draft card
Born 1888
Also a hatter
Born Serino,Avellino,Italy
Living at 23 Christopher st,orange,NJ

Theres a Felix Esposito (what would Felix be in italian?)
born 1885 , italy
Mother is Rose Esposito
Lives at 19 W christopher st

Btw Giuseppe is listed as Joseph in all the census records...
Immigration for Salvatore is ..1898.

From that info can you get something out?
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

scrapped... :P
mfjp
cursio

Post by cursio »

Felix was just a esposito i found living on the same street.... My nunziata's husband was Giuseppe fiore...so scrap that Annunziata you found...
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

cursio wrote:Felix was just a esposito i found living on the same street.... My nunziata's husband was Giuseppe fiore...so scrap that Annunziata you found...
My last post was about Felix ... Felice Esposito.. who just happens to be married to an Annunziata Esposito - same maiden name...

I am aware the you are looking for a Nunzia Esposito... one who is married to a Giuseppe Fiore... dugh...

ok... info now scrapped

mfjp
mfiore

Post by mfiore »

Hello, my name is Michael Fiore, I am your cousin on the Fiore side(your great grandfather). I don't know how I found this blog, and eventhough the last comment was 4 years ago, I hope you respond. The name Cursio(NY), I can't place it. My family is from Orange, NJ, and I am sure I could locate some info you are looking for. I hope to hear from you soon.