Ancestry acquires Footnote

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Petrojo

Ancestry acquires Footnote

Post by Petrojo »

I received this email from Footnote.com. Sounds interesting!
Several weeks ago Footnote.com (as part of iArchives) agreed to be acquired by Ancestry.com and that transaction has officially closed today. As we join forces with Ancestry.com there is a huge opportunity to leverage each other’s strengths and move even faster toward our goals. You may be curious about how this deal effects members of Footnote.com? The plan is to continue to run Footnote.com the way we have always run Footnote.com — continuing to do what we believe is best for our customers, our business and our brand.

Now that the deal is officially closed we are excited to leverage some of Ancestry.com’s resources and expertise to take Footnote.com to the next level. It has been exciting to see Footnote.com grow over the past 4 years. Footnote.com started with only 5 million historical documents and today we have nearly 70 million searchable documents, over 1 million members, nearly 100,000 Footnote Pages, and over half million annotations added. We couldn’t have done it without our members and the great team at Footnote.com and we are excited for Ancestry.com’s support in the next chapter.
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ancestry acquires Footnote

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Thank you
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Thanks for the info. :lol:

It would really excite me if I could access all Footnote's records from Ancestry. I guess we will have to see what the future brings. :wink:
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi mj :-D

Like you, I look forward to the possibility of accessing Footnote records that way...

Thanks, Petrojo, for sharing the info!!!

T.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi!
My local library is dropping home access to HeritageQuest and replacing it with Footnote :D .
Valarie
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

kangaroo_ch wrote:To me it looks like your posting spam, because alle i can see are advertising links. Are you trying to earn some money with your trade links?
This isn't spam. Footnote announced that they're being acquired by Ancestry.com, and Petrojo was nice enough to share with us. The website automatically hotlinks web addresses.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito