Spallino & Rubino Surnames from Palermo Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
beccalov

Spallino & Rubino Surnames from Palermo Italy

Post by beccalov »

I am looking for any information on Domenico Spallino from Palermo Italy. He and his family came from Italy to New York In 1906. His wifes name was Josephine Rubino. They were married in Italy and had some of their children before they came to america. They ended up in El Paso Texasin the 1930's. Please email me at beccalov@ev1.net
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Spallino & Rubino Surnames from Palermo Italy

Post by brujaojos »

beccalov wrote:I am looking for any information on Domenico Spallino from Palermo Italy. He and his family came from Italy to New York In 1906. His wifes name was Josephine Rubino. They were married in Italy and had some of their children before they came to america. They ended up in El Paso Texasin the 1930's. Please email me at beccalov@ev1.net
Hi there,

Per the Ellis Island Database, Domenico Spallino, Guisppa Rubino, and Marianna Spallino (child) came to the USA on June 27, 1905 on the Ship The Sicilian Prince. They are line #10, #11, & #12 on the manifest. They are going to see Domenico's brother, Giusppe Spallino in NYC.

Per the Manifest, they are from Ribera. There is microfilm for the town of Ribera that you can rent from your local Family History Center. The film numbers are on the link below.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
robynadair

Post by robynadair »

I am the Grandson of Domenico and Giuseppa (josephine) Spallino. How are you related? Roy
robynadair

Post by robynadair »

I have posted information on Domenico Spallino on FindAgrave. He is buried in Evergreen Cemetery, El Paso, Texas. Roy
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Domenico Spallino's brother Giuseppe was married to my 4th cousin Domenica Garamella and his sister Pietra was married to my 5th, Vincenzo Carubia. I have birth records from Ribera for Domenico and Giuseppa Rubino and thousands of other relatives.