help translations please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
adelfio
Master
Master

help translations please

Post by adelfio »

I need help translating a Trabia Marriage Bann of my great grandfather and grandmother Mariano Adelfio and Giuesppa Butera I have had a little luck Salvatore Adelfio is Mariano's father and Giuesppa Bondi is his mother. Giuesppa Butera father is Antonio Butera is her father and Giuesppa Scardino is her mom I know there is more info but its hard to translate Thank you if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Marty

http://img140.imageshack.us/i/img108b.jpg/
http://img827.imageshack.us/i/img109y.jpg/
http://img443.imageshack.us/i/img110e.jpg/
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: help translations please

Post by Tessa78 »

First image...

Publication of marriage banns between...

Mariano Adelfio, peasant farmer, of legal age (not a minor), born and resides in Trabia, son of Salvatore, peasant farmer, and Giuseppa Bondi, born residing in Trabia,
AND
Giuseppa Butera, of legal age, born and resides in Trabia, daughter of Antonino, fisherman, and Giuseppa Scardino, residing in Santo Nicolo (?)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Second image

Birth record of Mariano Adelfio

Dated 10 February 1868 in Trabia at the town hall
Appeared Salvatore Adelfio, son of deceased Giuseppe, 30 farmer residing in Trabia to declare the birth of a male child born on 7 February to his wife Giuseppa Bondi, daughter of deceased Mario, living with him in the house in Santa Petrinella (sp?)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Third image

Birth of Giuseppa Butera
Document dated 19 November 1871

Antonino Butera, son of Salvatore, age 31, fisherman, living in borgo di Santo Nicolo l'anna (sp?), appeared at the town hall to declare/present a female child born on the 17th of the current month at 6 AM to his wife Giuseppa Scardino, daughter of deceased __??__, age 27, living with him in Santo Nicolo l'anna.

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thank You for all your help Tessa what a great job. In the 3rd page last paragraph does Salvatore Pagano and Giovanni Adelfio and Leonardi Adelfio look like the names to you and are they relatives also. Thanks again Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Marty,

The names at the end are witnesses.

Salvatore Pagano, son of deceased Leonardo, 26, baker
Giuseppe DiMaria, son of deceased Giacomo, 49, (profession on next page)

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thank you again Tessa wow. Page 2 is the last paragraph is the same witness es too or is it something else I see at quale figlio Silivian I think
Thanks again Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

looking on the third image after the name Giuseppa Scardino does it look like Pietro as her dad and is he deceased and the other name could be Silvestri what do you think

Thanks Marty

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:Thank you again Tessa wow. Page 2 is the last paragraph is the same witness es too or is it something else I see at quale figlio Silivian I think
Thanks again Marty
Al quale figlio dichiara di dare il nome Mariamo. Tho whom son he declare to give the name Mariano
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote:looking on the third image after the name Giuseppa Scardino does it look like Pietro as her dad and is he deceased and the other name could be Silvestri what do you think

Thanks Marty

Yes, I think you are correct that Giuseppa Scardino's father is Pietro... :)

However, I don't know where you are seeing "Silvestri." :?
Page 2 is the last paragraph is the same witness es too or is it something else I see at quale figlio Silivian I think
I read the witnesses on Page 2 as
Salvatore Galliezza (sp?) of deceased Antonino, age 41, occupation, porter
Giuseppe DiMaria, son of deceased Giacomo, age 49, porter

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I would like to thank you Tessa and everyone for the help translating this document. I have found out alot of family info on this marriage bann now I can continue my search with this info knowing Im part peasant farmer and fisherman LOL....... With all my heart Grazie everyone.

Marty

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Very happy to help :-)

Prego!

T.