This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this board,L
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
It's a Long shot...
But LDS has films of Jersey City Cemetery records...
http://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl ... umns=*,0,0
T.
But LDS has films of Jersey City Cemetery records...
http://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl ... umns=*,0,0
T.
- DebiHarbuck
- Elite

- Posts: 353
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Well, I'm not sure who told you that you cannot order these death records from the archives. You can (I have done it many times). Here's the link to the page with the instructions and form for ordering.
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links ... ollections
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links ... ollections
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Your kidding right? Holy Name alone has a quarter million people there! Thats not including any other cemetery in JC, Holy name is where all the adult Passaros are. Ive been there. But the secratary told me there is not record of children there. I would have to go through each and every cemetery film page by page??!! He4 also lost a child Carmino who born in 1905. he was on the 1910 census and disappeared by 1920. So he died between 5 and 15 years old and no one knows where hes buried. I have to find these children!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
I just took a peek. No kidding? I spoke to the librarian and she said they do not do mail order. Everyone HAS to come to them and look ourselves! That would be awesome to order it myself!DebiHarbuck wrote:Well, I'm not sure who told you that you cannot order these death records from the archives. You can (I have done it many times). Here's the link to the page with the instructions and form for ordering.
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links ... ollections
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
I like Debi's suggestion! 
It also looks like both children's deaths would be on the same film...
Day books 1896-1899 FHL US/CAN Film 1412752
T.
It also looks like both children's deaths would be on the same film...
Day books 1896-1899 FHL US/CAN Film 1412752
T.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Id love to send it in being I have exact date. Now how do I go about this second marriage info? I have no info on it at all? And the death for Carmeno between 1910-1920? They want exact dates
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
And then of course the original problem..the 1900 census.He was married or widowed in 1900, maybe more children after the deaths of the others. So Im looking for:
Beniamino Passaro
Born 1860
Emigrated 1892
2nd marriage ( not sure if widowed yet) With the name Meluzza
possibility of children being born after 1896-1898 deaths
DEFINITELY lived in JC
Beniamino Passaro
Born 1860
Emigrated 1892
2nd marriage ( not sure if widowed yet) With the name Meluzza
possibility of children being born after 1896-1898 deaths
DEFINITELY lived in JC
- DebiHarbuck
- Elite

- Posts: 353
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Which begs the question, have you searched the Jersey City Census for 1900? Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, people are in the census but don't appear in the indexes. It's time consuming, yes, but sometimes you have to scroll - slowly - through each and every microfilm.
And, no, I'm not kidding.
And, no, I'm not kidding.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
That I have not done and doubt I could. I have 4 young kids LOL Im lucky I can go food shopping for an hour!! There are hundreds of thousands in JC in 1900 from what I saw on ancestry. Im assuming the JC rolls would be the same, yikes!
- DebiHarbuck
- Elite

- Posts: 353
- Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Ah, well...something for your one-day list. 
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
I dont need it for citizenship so Im not too worried. Its just THE ONE document Im missing. So it bugs me that in my pile of papers on this branch of my tree,there is something missing,lol!
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Tessa,Tessa78 wrote:Interesting Death record from New Jersey
What database are the NJ death records from and what years are included? What other NJ vital records dbs can one get access to?
Thanks.
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
Thanks, Tessa. I use that search pretty often - it's good. Didn't realize it has NJ vital records, though.
Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa
I found this Ben Passaro. Is this him?
First Name: Beniamino
Last Name: Passaro
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Napoli
Date of Arrival: Jul 06, 1892
Age at Arrival: 32y Gender: M Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Hindoustan
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0499
First Name: Beniamino
Last Name: Passaro
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Napoli
Date of Arrival: Jul 06, 1892
Age at Arrival: 32y Gender: M Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Hindoustan
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0499

