Re: Vacca/Porrelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mickuk2

Post by mickuk2 »

Trying to find information about my grand parents born in Italy. Grand father from Picinisco around 1884 and grand mother Marianina Porrelli from Caserta around 1889

Any help would be greatful

Thanks Mick
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

What was your Grandfathers given name? Do you know when they left Italy? Did they marry in the USA? If so, do you know where they settled?

If you know of any siblings, please list.

Take care,
mfjp
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

mickuk2 wrote:Trying to find information about my grand parents born in Italy. Grand father from Picinisco around 1884 and grand mother Marianina Porrelli from Caserta around 1889

Thanks Mick
For the town of Caserta, there is microfilm that you can order at your local Family History Center. The microfilm is from 1809-1929. It costs about $3.50 to rent it. Here is the link for Caserta.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

For Picinisco, the microfilm only goes from 1809-1865.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

I hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
mickuk2

Post by mickuk2 »

Grand fathers first name was Alfonso and Grand mothers first name was Marianina, mum tella me they were married in Italy. Have sibblings names will have to look them out.

TIA

Mick
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mickuk2 wrote:Trying to find information about my grand parents born in Italy. Grand father from Picinisco around 1884 and grand mother Marianina Porrelli from Caserta around 1889

Thanks Mick
Alfonso Vacca arrival April 14, 1903 , 19 old, coming from PICINISCO (Frosinone province/Lazio region)
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2630060387&
Are also an Marianna (Mariannina diminutive) Porrelli age 26 in 1914 (born in 1889) but coming from Bisceglie, not Caserta... you sure that coming from Caserta? http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 0484020632
regards, suanj
mickuk2

Post by mickuk2 »

Cant find siblings names but I know there were some have found great parents names would like some information on them as well. Alfonso's father was called Camilli Vacca, mothers name was Rosalina dont know here maiden name.

Maianina's parents were called Agosion Porrelli mothers name was Maria Christina De Marco.

Again would like to find about them as well if possible.

TIA

Mick
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mickuk2 wrote:Cant find siblings names but I know there were some have found great parents names would like some information on them as well. Alfonso's father was called Camilli Vacca, mothers name was Rosalina dont know here maiden name.

Maianina's parents were called Agosion Porrelli mothers name was Maria Christina De Marco.

Again would like to find about them as well if possible.

TIA

Mick
Well:
-Alfonso Vacca son of CamillO and Rosalina
-Mariannina Porrelli daughter of Agostino and Maria Cristina De Marco
only an record for De Marco in Caserta( Castel di Sasso town)
for all certificate request you can write in Picinisco Common;
for Mariannina record are necessary some time for exact birthplace search..
regards, suanj
mickuk2

Post by mickuk2 »

Mum tells me that when her father went to the USA that a brother and sister went over there as well but she cant remember there names but thinks the brothers name was Dominic or something like that, and the brother was working for the Ford motor company and was killed by the black hand.

Mick
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

What is the "black hand"?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

VaDeb wrote:What is the "black hand"?
Mano nera= mafia
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Thanks. I hadn't heard the term before. I learn something everyday on this site.

Debbie
mickuk2

Post by mickuk2 »

Still looking for any help here please. Grand Mother def from Caserta and not the one who went to USA she had never been there in her life, as she had got married in Italy to Alfonso Vacca and had 3 Children before moving to Glasgow.

Regards Mick
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Do you have any idea where they first settled in the USA?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Other than providing ship manifest, census information, occasionally marriage information, there is little that can be done here to personaly locate your ancestors. General questions can be asked and answered, or perhaps to point you to a useful website. You have been given the two most effective ways to research your surnames, sending to the town of origin for birth, marriage, death or family certificate. Or locating a Lds
center near you and renting the microfilm, which you can then trace all
family as far back as the dates will allow. There are a number of other tips
to help you locate information.........if you could be more specific as to what it is you want, I am sure someone here would be more than willing to help.
wldspirit
mickuk2

Post by mickuk2 »

Thanks for your help, can you let me know where my nearest LDS centre is so I can have a look at these Microfilmsand find out more ref births marrages and deaths.

Regards Michael