Bianchini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fraq10

Bianchini

Post by fraq10 »

Hi: I am an ailing senior who has been searching for information about my father and his family. I have been searching now for 53 years and have found very little. My father's name was Egidio Bianchini born in 1888 in Morsano al Tagliamento, Italy. His parents names were Guiseppe Bianchini and Francesca Pelosio. I believe he might have had two brothers named Giacomo and Giavoni. I was told that my father ran a bar somewhere not too far from where they lived.
I don't know how much time I have left on earth and I would truely like to know that I have found a feeling of belonging somewhere with some family. I would give anything to find a family member that I might be able to ask questions about my father and his family. I would appreciate any help that anyone might be able to give me. If anyone can help me, please contact me at fwhite@cogeco.ca. Thank you so much.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Bianchini

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome! :-)

Is this your father?
Border Crossing from Canada to US, 1915.
Egidio Bianchini, going to cousin Lorenzo Bianchini in Niagara Falls, NY
Born in Italy about 1888

Border Crossings: From Canada to U.S., 1895-1956
about Egidio Bianchini
Name: Egidio Bianchini
Arrival Date: 3 Aug 1915
Birth Date: abt 1888
Birthplace: Mordano
Birth Country: Italy

Port of Arrival: Niagara Falls, New York, USA
Arrival Contact: Cousin Lorenzo Bianchini
Record has photo?: No

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3658 ... ng1915.jpg

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I believe he might have had two brothers named Giacomo and Giavoni. I was told that my father ran a bar somewhere not too far from where they lived.
Where did they live?

Name of Egidio's wife? children?

T.
fraq10

Post by fraq10 »

Hi Tessa 78:
Yes I do have all those border crossing that you mentioned. You asked where he lived and I am thinking you mean in Canada I hope. One of the border crossings mention an address in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Then I sent away for the 1940 National Registration that all men aged 18 and over had to fill out in Canada. In that form it says that he was married and had one child. The sex of the child and age of the child were not mentioned. At that time they were living in Peterborough Ontario, Canada. Then four years later when he was divorced from his wife, he and my mother met. They never married but they had three of us children. My brothers George and Hank and myself Fran. We were living in Niagara-On-The -Lake, Ontario, Canada. My parents shortly after my birth separated and I never saw my father after that. I know that he died on Dec. 6 1952 while still living in N.O.T.L. Also on that 1940 National Registration it says that he served two years in the military somewhere in Italy and I have yet to find out where it was that he served those two years. I have what I believe to be either a birth certificate or a baptism certificate for him but I am not sure which it is because I cannot read Italian and the on it is almost unreadable handwriting.Thank you for answering my post.His wife's name was Veronica Gentile.I have the marriage certificate.
Fran