Cannot read the wife's name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Cannot read the wife's name

Post by lilbees »

This is the birth record of Giovanni Alfonso Rescigno b. 1823. The son of Andrea but can't spell the last name of his wife, Antonia M---------?

Can someones eagle eyes help.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... th1823.jpg

Thanks you.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Cannot read the wife's name

Post by maestra36 »

I think Antonia's surname is Masturzo
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Cannot read the wife's name

Post by lilbees »

Thanks! That's a new one on me. I got the S but not the z when trying to read it.

I am glad I am not seeking dual citizenship. I have important records I would need that have some really big errors, i.e., as an example, wrong father listed then later scratched out and the correct one inserted. Wow! There are others. This is when I would hope for an extract and not a copy of the original.

Just shows we are all human and can make mistakes.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa