Rob,
I've sent you a PM.
T.
Need help reading and translating civil records
Re: Need help reading and translating civil records
out of interest my great grandfather donato vertuccio had brothers who went to the USA timings look close Antonio vertuccio 16 arrived Ellis Island check web site town ottati I know from my father that his father was married twice one other brother was Giuseppe need to check if vito was the other it may be no connections
Re: Need help reading and translating civil records
FOUND A MANIFEST FOR CONCETTA!!!!
Arriving NY 6 July 1905 on SS Sicilia
Traveling as Concetta D'Elia with her two sons from Teggiano
Vincenzo - 13
Giovanni - 9
(Both boys are identified as Italian citizens)
Going to husband Cono Russo at 713 Larimer St., Bklyn
Concetta was in US before - 1887, 1891, 1898
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
T.
Arriving NY 6 July 1905 on SS Sicilia
Traveling as Concetta D'Elia with her two sons from Teggiano
Vincenzo - 13
Giovanni - 9
(Both boys are identified as Italian citizens)
Going to husband Cono Russo at 713 Larimer St., Bklyn
Concetta was in US before - 1887, 1891, 1898
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
T.
Re: Need help reading and translating civil records
Rob,
I'll see if I can find the other manifests for Concetta...
I'll also keep looking for a manifest for Cono
T.
I'll see if I can find the other manifests for Concetta...
I'll also keep looking for a manifest for Cono
T.
Re: Need help reading and translating civil records
For reference...
Here is the manifest you found with Cono and his two sons, Vito, 16, and Antonio, 18, arriving in 1904.
It does state that they are citizens/subjects of Italy. No mention of being a US citizen which would be noted on the manifest.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0029
T.
Here is the manifest you found with Cono and his two sons, Vito, 16, and Antonio, 18, arriving in 1904.
It does state that they are citizens/subjects of Italy. No mention of being a US citizen which would be noted on the manifest.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0029
T.
Re: Need help reading and translating civil records
Found what could possibly be Cono's earliest manifest - 1887
These manifests list very little information...but this one looks pretty good...
Passenger: Cono Russo, 32, laborer (age is about right)
From Sala Consilina, Italy (this is actually an adjacent town to Teggiano!)
Sailing on the SS Chandernagor from Marseille, France (many earlier ships did not depart Italy)
Arriving NY 8 February 1887
He's on line 197
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2333/r ... nifest.jpg
T.
These manifests list very little information...but this one looks pretty good...
Passenger: Cono Russo, 32, laborer (age is about right)
From Sala Consilina, Italy (this is actually an adjacent town to Teggiano!)
Sailing on the SS Chandernagor from Marseille, France (many earlier ships did not depart Italy)
Arriving NY 8 February 1887
He's on line 197
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2333/r ... nifest.jpg
T.

