Immigration from Italy to South Africa - Early 1900's

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
MissV

Immigration from Italy to South Africa - Early 1900's

Post by MissV »

I am looking for immigration records for surname LULLI to south africa - from 1915 to 1945

Any help greatly appreciated
anthonylr

Re: Immigration from Italy to South Africa - Early 1900's

Post by anthonylr »

hi, I am also trying to get records of my greatgrand parents moving from italy to south africa in the early 1900's . Hav'nt had any luck as such but there must have been quite a lot of italians that moved to south africa , just by looking at the italian societies and the club in rugby,cape town .
My only source of info has been from the Italian towns . If you have any luck in getting info on ships or other sources please mail me .
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, only this records:
- from Piemonte region(Torino and Vercelli) came in south Africa this families:
Allorto; Belloni; Beltramo; Bergamasco; Borazza; Brocco; Bruno; Cannata; Castignani; Ciolli; Colananni; Colombo; Consani; Costa; del Ponte; Eschini; Fatti; Foce; de Franceschi; Giacchetti; Liguori; Moni; Monzali; Mosca; Mottalini; Pardi; Polto; Ricchiardi; Risi; Rondi; Rubbi; Sargentieri; Tomasi; Tomaselli; Traverso; Vanzaghi.(book source: Sani, Gabriele - Storia degli Italiani in Sud Africa 1898-1989
Edenvale : Ed. Zonderwater Block Sud Africa, 1989 , 315 p. , ITA )

-from Friuli Venezia Giulia region, around 1955 many italian people came in south Africa (book: SCRAZZOLO, Ermanno - I friulani di Umkomaas. Storia di un'emigrazione dalla bassa friulana al Sud Africa negli anni 50
S.l. : La nuova base editrice, 2001 , 181 p., ill., 25 cm , ITA;
areas: Friuli-Venezia Giulia region, UDINE province; South Africa , Umkomaas)
... I know that in this region was and is present also Lulli surname....

and...for all women on italiangenealogy...
good 8 Mars!
suanj
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Grazie tante.......molto gentile.

wldspirit :D
LeslieA

Re: Immigration from Italy to South Africa - Early 1900'

Post by LeslieA »

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am researching my family who emigrated to South Africa in the 1800's. The surname is Chiazzari. I know that they are mentioned in a book called The History of the Italians in South Africa by Sani, Gabriele. I was wondering if anyone has this book and would be able to look up the Chiazzari entries for me. This would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Leslie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

just the snippet by google books:

-History of the Italians in South Africa, 1498-1989
Gabriele Sani - 1992 - 348 pagine - Visualizzazione snippet
Among the naturalized conscripts we find William Chiazzari, of Italian origin, the youngest son of Joseph Chiazzari, the founder of the shipping line as mentioned earlier. Born 1885, Henry W. Chiazzari became a ...

-History of the Italians in South Africa, 1498-1989
Gabriele Sani - 1992 - 348 pagine - Visualizzazione snippet
The head of the family, Giuseppe Chiazzari, founded a shipping company and many of his descendants, assimilated by now, lived up to their name in local political, commercial and military life (15). After this brief glance at the ...

and by other book:
- Who's who of Southern Africa
1911 - Visualizzazione snippet
Add., Office of the Trr.des Commissioner, 98, Victoria Street, London. CHIAZZARI, Frank, Landing, Shipping, Forwarding, and Gen. Agent, Delagoa Bay ; b. 1872, at Port Elizabeth ; 3rd s. of Joseph Chiazzari, of Genoa*. Educ.

* Genova, Liguria, Italy
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
LeslieA

Post by LeslieA »

Many thanks for your reply and posting the snippets from google books. I know there are a few entries on the Chiazzari's in this book but have been unable to get a copy of it. It may be easier if I try to get a copy of the book in Italian as the English ones seem unavailable.
Thank you
Leslie