Help with translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ethellamitchelltasso

Help with translation

Post by ethellamitchelltasso »

Can someone please translate the entries in this record for me. Especially the places of birth.
Thank you
Susie
http://img692.imageshack.us/i/picture293w.jpg/
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome, Susie :-D

The father, Pietro Silva, looks to be born in "Baldiserro", but there are 3 comuni close to that spelling in Piedmont...

# Baldissero Canavese, comune of Baldissero Canavese - province: Torino - region: Piedmont
# Baldissero d'Alba, comune of Baldissero d'Alba - province: Cuneo - region: Piedmont
# Baldissero Torinese, comune of Baldissero Torinese - province: Torino - region: Piedmont

Mother - Maria Luigia Dorotea Bluj(sp?) - place of birth is difficult to read...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

This appears to be a document stating that on
24 May 1896 presented at the church was child born on 13 July 1882, daughter of Pietro Silva, son of deceased Giacomo, born in Baldiserro; and of Maria Luigia Dorotea Bluj (sp?) daughter of deceased Carlo, born in XXXX
AT the Baptism the child was given the name of Maria Luigia.
Godfather - Egesippo Sabella son of Domenico
Godmother - Domenica Silva daughter of Martino.

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If Marie's maiden name is Bluj thats a Ruthenian/Ukranine name I have seen it before researching so the town might be Ukranine your looking for
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ethellamitchelltasso

Thank you very much for your replies and translations. I am concerned about getting my own new and limited ability to understand the language correct.
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

A better image is required (to my eyes, at least) to decypher the mother's birthplace.
The newborn's birthplace should be Baldissero Canavese, not far from where I live and where there still are a few families with the Silva surname.

Ciao,
Maurizio
ethellamitchelltasso

This is the best image that I have; it was taken from a microfilm.
Some of the Silva family went to Prussia, according to the records. Is this helpful to know?
Thank you for your help.