Birth Records in Trieste

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kimjames

Birth Records in Trieste

Post by kimjames »

How do I find birth records of my Nan, she was born in Trieste 3/7/1918.

She was registered as Ida Reichmann, her mother was Eva Reichmann. She thinks her fathers name was Raimund and on her Marriage certificate put his name as Reichmann, but this was not the case, his surname is unknown.

Where do I start, I am thinking of going to Trieste for my holiday, is there any where I can go to track her details down?

Many thanks

Kim
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Birth Records in Trieste

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Kim and welcome to the forum. There is a province called Trieste as well as a town called Trieste in the province of Trieste. Do you know if your grandmother was born in the town of Trieste or somewhere else in the province of Trieste?
kimjames

Post by kimjames »

I've tried to find out more detail but my Great Grandmother would never talk about it. So only know in Trieste, any advice where I can start?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

currently, Reichmann surname is present only in a common of Friuli Venezia Giulia region: Corno di Rosazzo town in Udine province.. nobody in Trieste area.. when Ida emigrated in USA?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You can either send an e-mail to Bandelli@comune.trieste.it which is Civil records office for City of Trieste in Italian or go to www.mangeruca.com for form letter to Lorenzo Bandelli Director,Comune di Trieste, Uffficio di Stato Civile, Palazzo Costanzi, Passo Costanzi 1, Piano 1 Stanza 13, Trieste, Italy and ask for her birth record. The service is free but you might wish to send a self addressed envelope with $5.00 since clerks do this as an end of day duty. Leave out any reference to Lire reference in one sentence. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The postal code for Trieste is 34100 and be sure that all e-mails and letters are in Italian language hence my referring you to www.mangeruca.com. If this turns out to be negative then you will know thatyou have to seek out a town of origininthe province or vicinty of Trieste.=Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:You can either send an e-mail to Bandelli@comune.trieste.it which is Civil records office for City of Trieste in Italian or go to www.mangeruca.com for form letter to Lorenzo Bandelli Director,Comune di Trieste, Uffficio di Stato Civile, Palazzo Costanzi, Passo Costanzi 1, Piano 1 Stanza 13, Trieste, Italy and ask for her birth record. The service is free but you might wish to send a self addressed envelope with $5.00 since clerks do this as an end of day duty. Leave out any reference to Lire reference in one sentence. =Peter=
If you write a letter to Ing. Lorenzo Bandelli, don't include money. Lorenzo Bandelli is a Director and could be offended...
wordzofwiz

Post by wordzofwiz »

If an individual was born in Trieste, Austria, can you tell me if this is the town of Trieste, Italy now or is it the province of Trieste, Italy?

I need to find birth records, but do not have any parents names for the person.

Thank you
CJ
kimjames

Post by kimjames »

suanj wrote:currently, Reichmann surname is present only in a common of Friuli Venezia Giulia region: Corno di Rosazzo town in Udine province.. nobody in Trieste area.. when Ida emigrated in USA?
suanj
Hello Suanj

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I have not checked this site for a long time. My Nan moved to Austria at a young age and then fled to England when she was a teenager. She emigrated to the USA and returned when she was married. How did you know she emigrated to the USA? Could it be my Nan registered in Friuli Venezia Giulia region: Corno di Rosazzo town in Udine?

Would be great to find out any info.

Many thanks Kim