Ucciferri family search - Isernia, Molise

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rausifer

Ucciferri family search - Isernia, Molise

Post by rausifer »

Hello - I am trying to find family members in Isernia, Molise. My grandfather immigrated from there around 1910 - his name was Antonio Ucciferri, and he had brothers Samuel, Michele, and Guiseppe, and a sister Olympia who also left around the same time. They immigrated to Wappingers Falls, NY.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide, especially if there is a city office where I could do research? We are planning a trip there in July2011. Thanks very much!

Rick Usifer
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Ucciferri family search - Isernia, Molise

Post by suanj »

the better way is to search in Isernia archive of state
http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/UCB ... me=ISERNIA
where the civil records registries are availables and it are kind archivists ..
I Town Hall of Isernia (Stato Civile office)it is impossible that you make the search by yourself..
I advice you also another way: to try in LDS microfilms of Isernia civil records:
Registri dello stato civile di Isernia (Campobasso), 1809-1899 Isernia (Campobasso). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... di+Isernia+ &columns=*,0,0
by LDS center near or in your town... it is easy ...

all the best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rausifer

Post by rausifer »

Signora - La ringrazio per la risposta - è stato molto utile. Sapete se parlano inglese presso l'Archivio di Stato? Conosco un po 'di italiano, ma molto meno. Inoltre, stavo guardando il tuo sito web. Sembra interessante. Mi può dare idea di quanto costerebbe per voi di fare qualche ricerca per me? So che ci sono poche famiglie Ucciferri a Isernia, che non sono collegate. Mi piacerebbe sapere se qualcuno dei parenti di mio nonno sono ancora lì. Ancora una volta, grazie!

Rick
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Rick, penso che si ( yes) parlino inglese gli archivisti dell'Archivio di Stato di Isernia; however they will help you surely; they have the index and the search is easy; you can prepare a list in italian language of what you wish find and the archivist will find for you; they are very kind persons...
Rick I will send a pm to you...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH