Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have located this birth record in the Stato Civile - and did not have any trouble reading the actual birth record. But can someone tell me what this hand written note beneath the name and numero says?
The Act # 91 is for ROLLE COSTANTINO BERNARDO son to Giuseppe and Rostagno Catterina. In brackets I read: Carlet Manchia, which doesn't have a real meaning unless it's a nickname for the family.
Then in brackets it's writen "Gemello" standing for Twin.
Below there is a date of which I'm not sure: on 3rd October 1909he married Bergonzo Lucia in Torino(?). Just below there is another date which I believe is the marriage transcription date. All these surname are common in Piedmont in the province of Turin (Torino).
This is a marriage notation (not the parts in the parentheses - which indicate a twin "gemello")
The notation (which is partly cut off on the left) indicates a marriage in October of 1909 to Lucia Bergonzo (sp?)
Then signed by the official with what looks like a recording date of 12 June (giugno) 1910
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...