Most Unusual Atti di Morte

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Most Unusual Atti di Morte

Post by DebiHarbuck »

I know this is long (and a good bit of it looks like it's in French?!) but can someone help with a least the gist of this atti di morte for Domenico Petrocelli? It's # 155 in the records of 1867.

Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Most Unusual Atti di Morte

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Debi,

Any chance you can get a clearer image? This is very blurry and even more so when enlarged...

T.
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

I will try uploading it again, Tessa; the images I have are very clear.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Domenico Petrocelli died aboard the French ship "La For" on 20 October 1866.
He was 33, and born in Moliterno, Italy, and was a passenger on the ship.

Basically, the Italian official received a copy of the statement of his death, written in French... he then writes out the entire document in French, then in Italian.
The record is dated 27 June 1867.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The name of the ship is "La Foi" (The faith) going to Montevido, Uruguay. The death occurred in the Mediterranean see.
On board of the same ship there was also Domenico's brother (no name indicated).
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Thank you both. Does it not mention his parents at all? (I confess, I had hoped for a more dramatic story. :) )
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

No, parents are not mentioned nor is the cause of death. He died at 4AM but the document does not say if he was in his bed or doing what...