Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I know this is long (and a good bit of it looks like it's in French?!) but can someone help with a least the gist of this atti di morte for Domenico Petrocelli? It's # 155 in the records of 1867.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
I will try uploading it again, Tessa; the images I have are very clear.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Domenico Petrocelli died aboard the French ship "La For" on 20 October 1866.
He was 33, and born in Moliterno, Italy, and was a passenger on the ship.
Basically, the Italian official received a copy of the statement of his death, written in French... he then writes out the entire document in French, then in Italian.
The record is dated 27 June 1867.
The name of the ship is "La Foi" (The faith) going to Montevido, Uruguay. The death occurred in the Mediterranean see.
On board of the same ship there was also Domenico's brother (no name indicated).
Thank you both. Does it not mention his parents at all? (I confess, I had hoped for a more dramatic story. )
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
In Italy Christmas is usually dedicated to family, while New Year's eve is spend to have fun and celebrate with friends. The most common tradition for New Year's Eve it's called "Veglione" that literally means "The Big Stay Awake". A Veglione is usually organized in restaurants, hotels or clubs and...