confusing marriage annotation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

confusing marriage annotation

Post by oilman19 »

Image
Image

I have the birth act for Simmaco di Nardo.
I am finding the marriage annotation confusing. :? The name of the groom in the marriage annotation does not look like Simmaco.
Also, I would like to look at the actual marriage document, but I can't read the date. I am assuming it occurred in S.M.
Any help, please.

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by johnnyonthespot »

The first line of the first image looks to me like:

L'anno milleottocento;ottantaquattro il giorno ventotto ottobre

The year 1884, the 28th of October.

Is that what you were looking for?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Oh, you mean the date in the notation?

Is it 28 8bre (shorthand for ottobre) 1907?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Carmine

I think that year is settantaquattro.
I think I figured out Casapulla where I thought the surname should be.
Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by Tessa78 »

The notation does not give the grooms first name, just "di Nardo"
The date looks like 28 October 1907 (ficed typo on date)
An the word you may be seeing as the groom's first name looks to be the town of Casapulla, probably the place of marriage...

T.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by oilman19 »

Yes, I thought it was 28 Oct 1907, but I was looking in Santa Maria marriages.
It is all coming together now.

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you T.

It looks like we are all on the same page at the same time. :)
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by Tessa78 »

Yes, the 28th!

Here is the image

Image

T.,
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you for the image.

After all I just went through, I can't prove Simmaco or Maria belong in my tree, yet. :(
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: confusing marriage annotation

Post by Tessa78 »

But I'm sure you will :D :D

T.
Post Reply