I am still trying to find the connection. I have found where my g-grandmother Angelina Iezzi came to US with my grand mother Nicoletta Mancini to meet my g-grandfather, Carmine Mancini and that is where this line ends. I do not have the names of Angelina's parents other than her fathers first name MAY HAVE BEEN Cristofaro.
Other surnames I am searching for are DiLallo, Mancini and Addario on my mothers side of the family and for my children's fathers family it is Bustichi, Durante, Spediacci.
I know their great-great grandfather was Flominio Bustichi and their great grand father was Armando Bustichi. They had great uncles (Armando's brothers) Antonio and Raffael. Durante was their great-great grandmothers maiden name. Spediacci is the surname of Ida Spediacci Bustichi, the wife of Armando Bustichi. This line of my family landed in Santa Cruz and San Francisco California and settled in both places. I have no long look history of any of the surnames listed above and I do not know the surname of Ida Spediacci's mother. It is said they are from Northern Italy and I have found few records for Armando and some census in California for he and his brothers but it is the information from Italy I am more interested in for my children and their children.
Any help would be appreciated for any of the names listed....
....Iezzi, DiLallo, Addario, Mancini, Bustichi, Durante, Spediacci
Thank you in advance for any help at all.
Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
I am still trying to find the connection. I have found where my g-grandmother Angelina Iezzi came to US with my grand mother Nicoletta Mancini to meet my g-grandfather, Carmine Mancini and that is where this line ends. I do not have the names of Angelina's parents other than her fathers first name MAY HAVE BEEN Cristofaro.
Where did this part of the family settle in the USA
Marty
Where did this part of the family settle in the USA
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Do you have this manifest? Can you post the image?I have found where my g-grandmother Angelina Iezzi came to US with my grand mother Nicoletta Mancini to meet my g-grandfather, Carmine Mancini and that is where this line ends. I do not have the names of Angelina's parents other than her fathers first name MAY HAVE BEEN Cristofaro.
Do you know their last place of residence?
T.
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Thank you both for your replies.
Marty, the DiLallo, Mancini, Iezzi and Addario stayed in the New England states. Mass, Conn, RI, NH, Maine and Penn. My mother; Cynthia (aka Cinderella, Ella, Santerella)DiLallo was raised in Pittsfield, MA.
Tessa78, I have attached the manifest I spoke of. My great grand mother used her maiden name...see lines 11 and 12. I can't read the last residence but they are going to Boston, MA which is the same area my family stayed. The age of my grand mother Nicoletta also matches and I don't think she ever traveled between US and Italy much after that from what I can find in the records.
I hope this information will help. I very much appreciate any information and/or help in my search.
Thanks again,
S
Marty, the DiLallo, Mancini, Iezzi and Addario stayed in the New England states. Mass, Conn, RI, NH, Maine and Penn. My mother; Cynthia (aka Cinderella, Ella, Santerella)DiLallo was raised in Pittsfield, MA.
Tessa78, I have attached the manifest I spoke of. My great grand mother used her maiden name...see lines 11 and 12. I can't read the last residence but they are going to Boston, MA which is the same area my family stayed. The age of my grand mother Nicoletta also matches and I don't think she ever traveled between US and Italy much after that from what I can find in the records.
I hope this information will help. I very much appreciate any information and/or help in my search.
Thanks again,
S
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Not seeing a manifestsjfee wrote:Thank you both for your replies.
Marty, the DiLallo, Mancini, Iezzi and Addario stayed in the New England states. Mass, Conn, RI, NH, Maine and Penn. My mother; Cynthia (aka Cinderella, Ella, Santerella)DiLallo was raised in Pittsfield, MA.
Tessa78, I have attached the manifest I spoke of. My great grand mother used her maiden name...see lines 11 and 12. I can't read the last residence but they are going to Boston, MA which is the same area my family stayed. The age of my grand mother Nicoletta also matches and I don't think she ever traveled between US and Italy much after that from what I can find in the records.
I hope this information will help. I very much appreciate any information and/or help in my search.
Thanks again,
S
T.
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Tessa I am having a hard time getting the attachment to work. It is from the records I found on ancestry.com. They sailed on the Umbria (name of ship), from Napoli on March 31, 1904, arriving Port of New York April 14, 1904 Lines 11 and 12. My great grandmothers name shows as Iezzi, Angela age 21 and shows my grand mother as her daughter age 6 and her last name as Mancino showing both going to meet Angela's husband, Carmine Mancino. We knew our grandmother was born in 1898 but until just now I forgot to use this manifest to give me the approximate birth date of my great grand mother. I don't know when the name was changed to Mancini but I didn't know until I saw this manifest that the spelling had changed.
I hope you are able to find this manifest, I don't know why my attachment didn't work but I have tried many times and it just won't.
Thanks for any thing you are able to find or any time you spend on this in advance.
Sandra
I hope you are able to find this manifest, I don't know why my attachment didn't work but I have tried many times and it just won't.
Thanks for any thing you are able to find or any time you spend on this in advance.
Sandra
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Have located the manifest...
Had to locate it by your grandmother's name and age...
GGM's name is listed as "Agata" not Angela. The use of maiden name by Italian women was quite common.
Carmine's surname looks like it is written "Mancini"
Looks like they were destined for PITTSFIELD, MA
Click once to enlarge, and again to magnify

T.
Had to locate it by your grandmother's name and age...
GGM's name is listed as "Agata" not Angela. The use of maiden name by Italian women was quite common.
Carmine's surname looks like it is written "Mancini"
Looks like they were destined for PITTSFIELD, MA
Click once to enlarge, and again to magnify

T.
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
If you think your GGM was born in Turrivalignani, Province of Pescara, you can write directly to the comune for her birth and/or marriage record. These will have the names of her parents.
Include as much information about her approx. date of birth, spouse's name, child's name, etc.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Martiri di Marcinelle
65020 Turrivalignani (PE)
ITALY
Help with letters of request in Italian ...
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
Address for Comune of Lettomnoppello, Pescara
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Umberto I, 1
65020 Lettomanoppello (PE)
ITALY
T.
Include as much information about her approx. date of birth, spouse's name, child's name, etc.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Martiri di Marcinelle
65020 Turrivalignani (PE)
ITALY
Help with letters of request in Italian ...
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
Address for Comune of Lettomnoppello, Pescara
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Umberto I, 1
65020 Lettomanoppello (PE)
ITALY
T.
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Tessa thank you so much for always being on top of things. I will write them today, both for Turrivalignani and Lettomanoppello.
I will post what I find or receive from my inquiry once received. Again, thanks for your assistance.
S
I will post what I find or receive from my inquiry once received. Again, thanks for your assistance.
S
Re: Iezzi surname of Turrivalliani and Lettomanoppello
Glad to help!
Keep us posted
T.
Keep us posted
T.

