My grandfather, Emanuele Marenco, son of Giovanni Marenco and Maria Delle Piane,of Varese Ligure, had 13 siblings. My grandfather and at least 2 of his brothers that I have identified, settled in San Francisco, California in the early 1900's. I don't know how many of the siblings immigrated to the US. I know of 3 including my grandfather, and I know that there was an older brother, Giuseppe, who remained in Italy. I'd love to hear from anyone who may be related!
Thanks, Embee
Marenco Family
Re: Marenco Family
Hi, here are the Marencos in Varese Ligure directory http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... re&x=0&y=0xlntzee wrote:My grandfather, Emanuele Marenco, son of Giovanni Marenco and Maria Delle Piane,of Varese Ligure, had 13 siblings. My grandfather and at least 2 of his brothers that I have identified, settled in San Francisco, California in the early 1900's. I don't know how many of the siblings immigrated to the US. I know of 3 including my grandfather, and I know that there was an older brother, Giuseppe, who remained in Italy. I'd love to hear from anyone who may be related!
Thanks, Embee
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Marenco Family
I do hope you hear from people related.
For further research you could visit www.ellisisland.org and search with the exact spelling as shown.
Marenco,Adelina Varese Ligure, Italy arrived 1908 age 18ÂÂ
Marenco,Angela Varese Ligure, Italy arrived 1912 age 29
Marenco,Palmira Varese Ligure, Italy 1912 17
Marenco,Pietro Varese Ligure 1903 24
Marenco,Rosa Varese Ligure, Italy 1912 27ÂÂ
Mareneo,Luigia Varese Ligure, Italy 1909 22ÂÂ
Mareneo,Luigia Maria Varese Ligure, Italy 1920 25
Mareneo,Maria Varese Ligure, Italy 1909 24
Marengo,Carlo Varese Ligure, Italy 1922 22
Marenco,Emanuele Varese Legure 1906 20
Marenco,Emmanuele Varise Ligure, Italy 1912 20ÂÂ
Note that if you do a search of just "Marenco" you will get over 100 names from a variety of places.
Would this be your Emanuele?
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0011040091
First Name: Emanuele
Last Name: Marenco
Ethnicity: Italy, Italyan North
Last Place of Residence: Varese Legure
Date of Arrival: October 04, 1906
Age at Arrival:  20y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Prinzess Irene
Port of Departure: Genoa
Manifest Line Number: 0001
mfjp
For further research you could visit www.ellisisland.org and search with the exact spelling as shown.
Marenco,Adelina Varese Ligure, Italy arrived 1908 age 18ÂÂ
Marenco,Angela Varese Ligure, Italy arrived 1912 age 29
Marenco,Palmira Varese Ligure, Italy 1912 17
Marenco,Pietro Varese Ligure 1903 24
Marenco,Rosa Varese Ligure, Italy 1912 27ÂÂ
Mareneo,Luigia Varese Ligure, Italy 1909 22ÂÂ
Mareneo,Luigia Maria Varese Ligure, Italy 1920 25
Mareneo,Maria Varese Ligure, Italy 1909 24
Marengo,Carlo Varese Ligure, Italy 1922 22
Marenco,Emanuele Varese Legure 1906 20
Marenco,Emmanuele Varise Ligure, Italy 1912 20ÂÂ
Note that if you do a search of just "Marenco" you will get over 100 names from a variety of places.
Would this be your Emanuele?
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0011040091
First Name: Emanuele
Last Name: Marenco
Ethnicity: Italy, Italyan North
Last Place of Residence: Varese Legure
Date of Arrival: October 04, 1906
Age at Arrival:  20y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S ÂÂ
Ship of Travel: Prinzess Irene
Port of Departure: Genoa
Manifest Line Number: 0001
mfjp
-
jaynemdito
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 12 Jan 2016, 06:30
Re: Marenco Family
My grandmother was Teresa Marenco - and I'm guessing one of your grandfather's 13 siblings.
Her mother was Maria Della Piane, her father Giovanni Marenco - same as yours.
Teresa lived in San Pietro Vara / Varese Ligure. She married Lorenzo DeMattei in about 1905. Lorenzo came to the US/San Francisco in about 1906 and Teresa with her daughter Assunta (Santina) Maria followed in September of 1907.
There were a number of Marenco's who lived in South San Francisco; as I recall they were in the nursery business there - I think Floral.
Her mother was Maria Della Piane, her father Giovanni Marenco - same as yours.
Teresa lived in San Pietro Vara / Varese Ligure. She married Lorenzo DeMattei in about 1905. Lorenzo came to the US/San Francisco in about 1906 and Teresa with her daughter Assunta (Santina) Maria followed in September of 1907.
There were a number of Marenco's who lived in South San Francisco; as I recall they were in the nursery business there - I think Floral.

