Messedaglia and Pallaoro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hil530

Messedaglia and Pallaoro

Post by hil530 »

I'm looking for the parents of Vincenzo Messedaglia and Catterina Pallaoro. They married abt 1877 and had three children: Maria Ester, born abt 1877, Ernesta, and Domenico (never married).

Maria Ester Messedaglia married first, in Prata di Pordenone, 1900, Romano Brisotto, born abt 1870. They had two children: Emma Maria (who probably died young), and Caterina, born abt 1907; married a Giacomazzi and had a son Romano Giacomazzi who married Alda _____.
Maria Ester Messedaglia married second, abt 1917, a widower with 4 children, Antonio Sari. They had a daughter Cesarina Sari, born about 1917 who married in 1938, Pietro Nichele.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Messedaglia and Pallaoro

Post by Tessa78 »

hil530 wrote:I'm looking for the parents of Vincenzo Messedaglia and Catterina Pallaoro. They married abt 1877 and had three children: Maria Ester, born abt 1877, Ernesta, and Domenico (never married).

Maria Ester Messedaglia married first, in Prata di Pordenone, 1900, Romano Brisotto, born abt 1870. They had two children: Emma Maria (who probably died young), and Caterina, born abt 1907; married a Giacomazzi and had a son Romano Giacomazzi who married Alda _____.
Maria Ester Messedaglia married second, abt 1917, a widower with 4 children, Antonio Sari. They had a daughter Cesarina Sari, born about 1917 who married in 1938, Pietro Nichele.

Were Vincenzo and Catterina also married in Prata di Pordenone?

Found 2 listings for Pallaoro in Province of Pordenone :-)
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... m=0&sug=qs

Found no listings in the province (or region) for Messedaglia :-(

Help with letters to potential relatives if you wish to write.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives

T.
hil530

Post by hil530 »

I don't know if Catterina and Vincenzo were married in Prata di Pordenone. I have a copy of Marie Ester Messedaglia birth record which shows Catterina & Vincenzo as her parents. Catterina is said to be a "cousin" of Angelo Palaoro, born about 1860 (age estimated from age given on ship passenger list). Angelo Palaoro married Rosa Fachini; their children were born in Levico Terme 1885-1887; they emigrated to US in 1920.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Usually a marriage took place in the "hometown" of the bride...
I have a copy of Marie Ester Messedaglia birth record which shows Catterina & Vincenzo as her parents.
On Marie Ester's birth record the place of birth of both mother and father are usually identified. Check and see what town Catterina was born in... chances are good that this is the place of the marriage. :-)

T.
hil530

Post by hil530 »

Yes, Marie Ester was born in Prata di Portenone, and she married her first husband Antonio Brisotto in Prata di Portenone (I have a copy of that record as well). I am interested to know where Maria Ester Messadaglia's mother and father, Catherine Pallaoro & Vincenzo Messedaglia, were born and who their parents are.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

hil530 wrote:Yes, Marie Ester was born in Prata di Portenone, and she married her first husband Antonio Brisotto in Prata di Portenone (I have a copy of that record as well). I am interested to know where Maria Ester Messadaglia's mother and father, Catherine Pallaoro & Vincenzo Messedaglia, were born and who their parents are.

As I stated in my post above... :-)
On Marie Ester's birth record the place of birth of both mother and father are usually identified. Check and see what town Catterina was born in... chances are good that this is the place of the marriage. :-)
Vincenzo's father should also be mentioned, and MAYBE father of Catterina.

Could you post the birth record here for me to see?
Try using http://postimage.org No registration needed...
After you upload, copy and paste the "forum thumbnail link"

T.
hil530

Post by hil530 »

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

AHA! Now I know the reason you don't have the names :-)

This is an extract of the birth record and not the actual record.

You may wish to write to Prata di Pordenone for the actual birth record of Maria Ester and also the marriage record (if they werre married there) of Vincenzo and Cattarina...

Ask for "una copia integrale dell'atto di nascita" (this is a photocopy of the birth record and NOT an extract :-) ) and "una copia integrale dell'atto di matromonio" for the marriage record.

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Roma, 33
33080 Prata di Pordenone (PN)
Italy

Write your request in Italian.
Help with letters:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

T.
hil530

Post by hil530 »

Thanks for the info. The certificates were requested and received by a cousin in Italy for her records (Maria Ester is her grandmother). I will write for photocopies myself, and also forward your invaluable information to my cousin so that she might also have more accurate records.
Hilary
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

hil530 wrote:Thanks for the info. The certificates were requested and received by a cousin in Italy for her records (Maria Ester is her grandmother). I will write for photocopies myself, and also forward your invaluable information to my cousin so that she might also have more accurate records.
Hilary

The records are Accurate! Just not as complete as the photocopy of the original.
It is very common to receive extracts from a comune if you haven't asked for a copy of the original. :-)

T.