Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
This is a tough one to read. Not only is the writing tiny, but the reader printer at my FHC wouldn't copy it lighter than this
I can tell you it's the Marriage Bann of Maria Di Persio, daughter of Pantaleone and Rita Torello. Not sure of the dates, husband's name or his parents names. Are you able to make this one out? Thank you!
Thanks to my personal dynamic duo Marty and Tessa! LOL!
Marty, did you ever have a chance to view the record I posted the other week that you asked to see? it was the birth records from Montecalvo Irpino that only listed the father's name on the actual record and then listed both mother and father on the index's only. I find that so odd and just wanted to see what you thought.
Thanks Marty. Maybe I will run across more like that one but that's the first I've seen it. Those particular records are a nightmare to get off the films, because indexes don't match up with yrs, they are so tiny, etc. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...