Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have attached a link to a portion of a marriage record from 1870. The town is Torella dei Lombardi. Here is part of what I think it says in the paragraph that starts on the seventh line: Gaetano Francesco Saverio Iannacchino di anni Ventisette nato, domiciliato e residente nel Comune di ??????????????????.
Can anybody tell me what the next word is? Is it a different town name? Is it something like "different"? Is it something like "stesso" or "same"? I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance. I have gotten some really great help here in the past and I hope you can help me again. Bob.
Thank you very much. If I come across anything else I can't figure out (and I'm pretty sure I will) I'll post it again. You have been very helpful and I appreciate the help. Bob.
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...