Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have the attached marriage but I can't seem to figure out what is the additional information that accompanies the bride's mother's name. I am assuming it could be another spouse that is noted.
Can someone please help?
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Don't you think that "widow of Francesco Leone" refers to the bride and not the bride's mother?
#10 in the documents presented to the official appears to be the death record of the first husband of the bride
Tessa78 wrote:I agree, it is confusing. The same information for the groom (that he is a widower) appears right after his name.
T.
Am I reading the names of the mothers of both bride and groom as Maria Mierola?
It MAY be possible that the "widow of" was there to distinguish between the two?
Just a thought/guess...
Am I reading the names of the mothers of both bride and groom as Maria Mierola?
It MAY be possible that the "widow of" was there to distinguish between the two?
Just a thought/guess...
T.
The groom's mother is Maria della Monica, the clerk wrote Merola and then corrected into della Monica: "...e di fu Maria Merola, dico della Monica...".
Thank you for that clarification. I have to admit that I hadn't paid attention to that info because I already had the groom and his parents in my tree from his first marriage.
Thank you very much for the help.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno wrote:
The groom's mother is Maria della Monica, the clerk wrote Merola and then corrected into della Monica: "...e di fu Maria Merola, dico della Monica...".
The bride's mother is Maria Merola (not Mierola)
I thank you, too, for the clarification...
I saw the "della Monica" but wasn't sure what that was
And I thought the "i" I was "seeing" in the surname was unusual.
Nowadays, very few Italian actors are able to emerge on the world cinema scene. Until a few decades ago it was different, but we talk about the age of the young Cinecittà, where it was not unusual to meet world-famous directors who set their stories which became known all over the world in those stu...