Information about Albino Accornero

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CHill

Information about Albino Accornero

Post by CHill »

Hello,
My mother and her sister are both in their late 80's and wish to learn about their father's family. I would like to give them this gift by researching the life of my grandfather Albino Accornero.

I have few documents and little unverified info: He was born in either Casorzo Monferrato or Vignale Monferrato (Vignale may have been his last residence in Italy), Northern Italy possibly in 1890 or 1891, either late February (28?) or early March. He arrived in the USA through Ellis Island Aug 29, 1913 at the age of 23 years. He may have stayed in New York for a time and may have met my grandmother, his future wife, there. Her maiden name was Carolina DiGirolamo. I know my grandfather lived a short time in Glastonbury, Connecticut USA working in the apple orchards there. Then spent most of his married life in Manchester, Connecticut USA. This is where he died in either 1950 or 1951. He had two daughters Gilda and Elena. I think my grandfather had two sisters, twins and one or two brothers. My grandfather may have been in the service in Italy and that a brother may also have been in the service at the same time. I do not know their names nor their parents names. Any information would be most welcomed.

Thank you, Carolyn Hill
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Information about Albino Accornero

Post by Tessa78 »

You may wish to write directly to the comunes (towns) for Albino's birth record. These vital records are held at the town level...

Address: (Vignale)
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza del Popolo, 7
15049 Vignale Monferrato (AL)
ITALY

Address: (Casorzo)
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Montiglio, 35
14032 Casorzo (AT)
ITALY

Help with your requests IN ITALIAN :-)
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Should you wish to make contact with POSSIBLE Accornero relatives in Casorzo there are several listed in the Italian Phone Book...
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... sorzo&ind=

Or in Vignale..
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... Monferrato

Help with letters to potential relatives IN ITALIAN
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives

T.
CHill

Post by CHill »

Tessa,
Thank you so much for the wonderful assistance. The Birth Certificate was my next mission.

I have two posts one for my Grandmother and this one for my Grandfather and I am so grateful that there are so many wonderful people who take the time to go out of their way to help a stranger. I'm new at this and I wasn't getting very far until I stumbled across this site. I hope one day very soon that I can assist someone else and provide them with information that will help them find their ancestors. Thank you!

Sincerely, Carolyn
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

POSSIBLE brother of Albino?

Joseph Accornero
Born 1894 in Alessandria, Italy (Province where Vignale Monferrato is located)
Living in Manchester, Connecticut (practically next door to the address on Albino's WWII card!) at 69 COTTAGE ST.

Click on the image once to enlarge, then when opened, click again to magnify!

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Same Joseph Accornero as above...
Birth 1894
Living in MANCHESTER, CONN.

This is a passport application... dated 1923 in Hartford, Conn.
He lists his father as DOMENICO ACCORNERO who was born in Italy - but there was a notation that he (Domenico) "resided in New York six years ago" and Joseph doesn't know where he is residing at the present time.
Joseph states that he immigrated in March 1913 and resided for 10 years in San Francisco, CA, and South Manchester, Conn.
He was naturalized on Dec. 27th 1920 in San Mateo County, CA

On page two there is a physical description AND a photo!!!
Description includes "second finger crippled on left hand"

Maybe some of this will sound familiar to your mother and her sister? :-)

Click once to enlarge and again to magnify
Page 1 - RIGHT SIDE
Page 2 - LEFT SIDE

T.
CHill

Post by CHill »

Tessa,

I had found out and confirmed with my mother and aunt that Joseph and Josphine Accornero did live across the street from them while they were growing up. That family had four children and they all went to the same high school and two were in the same year as my aunt and mother. Ironic as it seems they insist there is no relation what so ever.

Another very odd coincidence: In the very next town over from Manchester is Glastonbury, Connecticut (less than 5 miles away) which happens to be where I grew up and my mother and brothers still live there. Beginning in the 1930's or a little earlier an Accornero family moved there (I believe it was Mario Accornero that was my grandfathers age) and they owned apple orchards. That family still lives there to this day. My grandfather Albino worked in those apple orchards and even lived in Glastonbury before moving to Manchester. Yet, once again, both my mother and aunt insist that they were not family and that their parents always told them that from the time they were in high school.

I have been collecting info on these two 'other' Accornero families because I am not convinced, at all, that this is the case since an almost identical situation happened with my fathers side of the family who lived in Glastonbury, Connecticut. Another family, with the same last name, lived in Manchester, Connecticut at the same time (actually both families still live in their respective towns). Since my maiden name is a very odd one I never believed my grandfather when he told us we were not related. Years after my grandfather died we did indeed find out that we are related and that in the 'old country' the farms were side by side and we do indeed share relatives. I thank you once again for your help because it is all part of my grandparents life in one way or another. I hope someday I can be as helpful to someone else who is researching their ancestors. This progress is so exciting! Carolyn
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

CHill wrote:Hello,
My mother and her sister are both in their late 80's and wish to learn about their father's family. I would like to give them this gift by researching the life of my grandfather Albino Accornero.

I have few documents and little unverified info: He was born in either Casorzo Monferrato or Vignale Monferrato (Vignale may have been his last residence in Italy), Northern Italy possibly in 1890 or 1891, either late February (28?) or early March. He arrived in the USA through Ellis Island Aug 29, 1913 at the age of 23 years. He may have stayed in New York for a time and may have met my grandmother, his future wife, there. Her maiden name was Carolina DiGirolamo. I know my grandfather lived a short time in Glastonbury, Connecticut USA working in the apple orchards there. Then spent most of his married life in Manchester, Connecticut USA. This is where he died in either 1950 or 1951. He had two daughters Gilda and Elena. I think my grandfather had two sisters, twins and one or two brothers. My grandfather may have been in the service in Italy and that a brother may also have been in the service at the same time. I do not know their names nor their parents names. Any information would be most welcomed.

Thank you, Carolyn Hill
Hi Carolyn,
this record is abt your ancestor??
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Albino Accornero Name: Albino Accornero
Birth Date: 1 Mar 1890
Birth Place: Cazarsa Monferrato, Italy
Residence: Manchester, Connecticut
Race: White

other record:
WWI Civilian Draft Registrations
about Albino Accornero
Name: Accornero, Albino
Birth Date: 28 Feb 1890
Birth Place: Vegnole Italy
City/County: Hartford Co.# 1
State: CT
Ethnicity: W

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
County: Hartford
State: Connecticut
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 28 Feb 1890
Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1561991
DraftBoard: 1

Connecticut Death Index, 1949-2001
Death Date: 27 Apr 1951
Death Place: Manchester, Hartford, Connecticut
Birth Date: abt 1891
Marital Status: Never Married (Single)
State File #: 05962
Residence : Manchester, Hartford, Connecticut
Race: White

never married??? :?

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

in Vignale Monferrato no birth record for a Albino Accornero born between 1888 to 1891 so maybe your Albino was born in Casorzo...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

on the ship's manifest the Albino father was Giuseppe Accornero resident in Vignale Monferrato, but Albino was born in Casorzo...
for bad luck the just some civil records are available for Casorzo....

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
CHill

Post by CHill »

suanj: I am so very appreciative of your efforts on my behalf. Thank you for taking the time to share this information with me.

The information on the Draft Registration card is all correct but why would a 52 year old man still have a card? I'm curious about that. He was in the service in both countries.

The death certificate is his but I wonder why it states he was never married? I won't be mentioning that to my Mother or to my Aunt. I will try to find the marriage license first.

When my mother and aunt were growing up Joseph Accornero lived right across the street with his wife and four children. Two of the girls were the same ages as my mom and aunt and they all went to school together. Both insist that they are not related and their parents (Albino and Carolina) rarely said anything about their own families. There was also an Accornero family who lived in Glastonbury, Connecticut, the next town over. I, in fact, grew up in that town and my family still lives there. My mother (who's the Accornero) always insisted that her family was not related to the 'other' two Accornero families. Albino even lived in Glastonbury before moving to Manchester and he worked for the Glastonbury Accorneros in their apple orchards. I find it hard to believe that no one was 'related' and I consider all the information useful since these people all lived within 5-6 miles of each other for several decades and their lives often crossed paths with one another. The Glastonbury Accorneros have a large family and they still live in Glastonbury to this day.

Thank you again for your assistance. Everyone is so helpful. I have many new leads to follow and can't wait to piece it all together. Carolyn
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

abt:
The information on the Draft Registration card is all correct but why would a 52 year old man still have a card? I'm curious about that. He was in the service in both countries.

About U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

The U.S. officially entered World War II on 8 December 1941 following an attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Just about a year before that, in October 1940, President Roosevelt had signed into law the first peacetime selective service draft in U.S. history, due to rising world conflicts. After the U.S. entered WWII a new selective service act required that all men between ages 18 and 65 register for the draft. Between November 1940 and October 1946, over 10 million American men were registered. This database is an indexed collection of the draft cards from the Fourth Registration, the only registration currently available to the public (the other registrations are not available due to privacy laws). The Fourth Registration, often referred to as the "old man's registration", was conducted on 27 April 1942 and registered men who born on or between 28 April 1877 and 16 February 1897 - men who were between 45 and 64 years old - and who were not already in the military.
The death certificate is his but I wonder why it states he was never married?

No... sure he was married, just it is a informant error, most probably..

regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
CHill

Post by CHill »

Found the marriage license! I was never in doubt my grandparents were married. I just didn't want my Aunt and Mother to see the information from the Connecticut Death Index without also seeing a copy of the marriage license. Looking at documents is so confusing with all the conflicting information. Thank you again for your assistance. Carolyn
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

great new! thanks for let us know...!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH