HELLO PLEASE HELP GIOVANNI CATTALINICH

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DK101

HELLO PLEASE HELP GIOVANNI CATTALINICH

Post by DK101 »

Good Day to everybody

I am doing genealogy of my family trough paternal line to prove jus sanguinis. I am doing research almost 6 years. I would appreciate your help if it’s possible because I have done thorough research on internet but I haven’t found anything. If someone can help it would be awesome.

So the things are such

My 4-th generation ancestor is Antonio Cattalinich. He is born 14. 06. 1822 in Castel Nuovo near Spalato. This is Dalmatia. Dalmatia was under Venedict Republic as far as I know till 1796.

Antonio’s father was Giovanni Cattalinich very famous historian and there are websites about Giovanni Cattalinich.

Cattalinich surname is very rare because “Cattalini” part is Italian and “ch” is more common for Slavic regions.

Giovanni how is stated was born 1779 also in Castel Nuovo, that will mean when Antonio is born he was 43 years old. Giovanni was married with Teresa or Theresa Bolis da Sign, this is how is written in marriage certificate of Antonio.

So Antonio’s mother was Teresa or Theresa Bolis da Sign (this da Sign I don’t know what means) and father was Giovanni Cattalinich.

I am searching for year when Giovanni and Theresa where married. In marriage certificate should be information about their birth dates and in that case I have prove that Giovanni is my ancestor.

If someone can help it would be so good.

Thank you

DK
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: HELLO PLEASE HELP GIOVANNI CATTALINICH

Post by suanj »

Hi, what I found is:

Giovanni Cattalinich born on Castel Nuovo(=Kaštel Novi) near Traù (=Trogir) on 25th march 1779 and died in Spalato on 26th feb 1847; the obit by Zara Gazette http://books.google.it/books?id=DExHAAA ... ia&f=false

in 1796 he was in Rome, Italy for studies, and back in Zagabria; in 1800 was in Imoschi (=Imotski) and in 1805 in Sign ( town in Dalmatia...) and was in Sign almost until 1809; then he was in Clissa for the war Austria-France...
http://books.google.it/books?id=oXPRAAA ... 18&f=false

It is possible that Teresa Bolis da Sign, meaning Teresa Bolis from Sign ( =Sinj or Signo http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&rlz=1R ... a=N&tab=il)
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toponimi_i ... n_Dalmazia
and married in Sinj.. I believe that by LDS, Sinj microfilms you can find in the church records the marriage...
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
DK101

Post by DK101 »

Thank you very much Suanj, that’s very good information about da Sign, meaning Sinj. I have already thanks to you sent an e-mail to familysearch.org to search microfilm, I found one where should be marriage certificate. I hardly wait to see their answer.

This information that Giovanni was from 1805 and till almost 1809 in Sinj is very important because it is almost certainly city where they have married, where else I mean.

I want to ask you what do you think is it possible that I have found right person?
France Births and Baptisms, 1546-1896 for Therese Bolis
Name: Therese Bolis
Baptism/Christening Date: 08 Aug 1793
Baptism/Christening Place: CHARMOIS,MEURTHE-ET-MOSELLE,FRANCE
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Joseph Bolis
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Marie Ory
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C80157-1

System Origin: France-ODM
Source Film Number: 1079409
Reference Number:

Thank you very much

Regards

DK
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

DK101 wrote:Thank you very much Suanj, that’s very good information about da Sign, meaning Sinj. I have already thanks to you sent an e-mail to familysearch.org to search microfilm, I found one where should be marriage certificate. I hardly wait to see their answer.

This information that Giovanni was from 1805 and till almost 1809 in Sinj is very important because it is almost certainly city where they have married, where else I mean.

I want to ask you what do you think is it possible that I have found right person?
France Births and Baptisms, 1546-1896 for Therese Bolis
Name: Therese Bolis
Baptism/Christening Date: 08 Aug 1793
Baptism/Christening Place: CHARMOIS,MEURTHE-ET-MOSELLE,FRANCE
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Joseph Bolis
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Marie Ory
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C80157-1

System Origin: France-ODM
Source Film Number: 1079409
Reference Number:

Thank you very much

Regards

DK
Hi DK,
I believe that is not the right person, because your Teresa Bolis was no french, but born in Sinj, if I understand well...
abt familysearch you can order the microfilms in the center near or in your town and to search the marriage record...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
DK101

Post by DK101 »

Thank you Suanj

Yes Teresa is from Sinj and it would be not so easy that she have came from France at that time. I was in contact with one historian in Croatia and she send to me all articles she have used when writing an article about Giovanni. In one site is information that Giovanni's wife was Tereza Bolis and this information proves to me that Giovanni is my direct paternal ancestor. I have send and e-mail to familysearch.org but I didn't get any answer till now. You said that Giovanni was probably till 1809 in Sinj but in documents I have get from historian is written that Giovanni was in Sinj till 1806. If so than he probably married between 1804 -1806. I just want to check is the marriage certificate for that period on microfilm you mentioned. Because maybe they meet each other in Sinj and married somewhere in some other town the biggest problem is that I don't know the year. Because there are detailed information about Giovanni's live so the year of marriage will be sufficient, the place can be seen for particular year where Giovanni where. It seems that there are a lot of information waiting to be collected and this is what make me very optimistic.

Anyway thank you Suanj once more

Regards

DK
Mcattalinic

Post by Mcattalinic »

Hi there. My grandfather was Antonio Cattalinic(h). The H dropped when my family was sponsored and came over in Ellis island. I don't know much about his family or where he comes from because he was very secretive due to the war. I can tell you my family moved several times... Yugoslavia, Croatia, Italy and eventually to Springfield, MA USA. My grandmother was Marguerite. My grandfather, Antonio died when I was very young of cancer. So, any information about Antonio Cattalinich woud be great!

Maria