Italian American Football Wedding

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Italian American Football Wedding

Post by PeterTimber »

not really just being courteous to unfinished business. How are You Tessa...I never realized that Tessa is such a pretty name. Merry Christmas. Pete
~Peter~
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Grazie, Peter!

And "Buon Natale" to you, too!

T.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Old age is very taxing on one's energies and I have so much I want to do and can no longer do it....using my time and energy trying to make futile attempts for immortality!!! Happy New Year
~Peter~
vinnyz

Post by vinnyz »

That's so fascinating that a football wedding has nothing to do with sports. I never knew it was all based on a sandwich. I wish we had football sandwiches still around today, that would be much cooler than calling them subs. These weddings sound so down to earth and fun. I want to bring the trend back. It's so different than the modern day, pristine Marthas Vineyard weddings that we see today.
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

The Italian-American community where I grew up in Wilmington, Delaware celebrated football weddings up until the mid 50's -- but with a twist. The twist being that there was always a big, tiered wedding cake made by, "The Three Little Bakers", brothers Al, Nick and Hugo Immediato. The brothers were also accomplished gymnasts and acrobats who performed a tumbling act on TV shows like Ed Sullivan (some of you may remember them). After they sliced and served the cake, the "Three Little Bakers" would go into their act right there in the wedding hall and as a child, I remember being so excited seeing them flying through the air.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

IN NY it was mounds of pastries and cookies and tons of sugar covered almonds.....nice memories. =peter=
~Peter~