Palermo Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
MikeIAbramo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 21:02

Palermo Family

Post by MikeIAbramo »

Anyone researching the Palermo family from Tripi,Messina, Sicily? His name is Guiseppi (Joseph),His wife's name is Fortunata. They had a daughter Augustina born in 1886 and emmergrated to the USA in 1912 to get married. Her husband was Michele Abramo (my grandfather).

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Mike
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Palermo Family

Post by liviomoreno »

Agostina Palermo was born in Tripi, Borgo Carate, on July 10 1886 at 8:09AM, to Giuseppe aged 40, day laborer, and to Fortunata Cxxxx (I'm sorry but I can't read her surname) aged 40, heavy laborer.
Agostina had a twin sister, named Carmela, born at 8:11AM
The two births were recorded at the town hall on the 11th of July.

FamilySearch holds their birth records at: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=14215817
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Palermo Family

Post by Tessa78 »

liviomoreno wrote:Agostina Palermo was born in Tripi, Borgo Carate, on July 10 1886 at 8:09AM, to Giuseppe aged 40, day laborer, and to Fortunata Cxxxx (I'm sorry but I can't read her surname) aged 40, heavy laborer.
Agostina had a twin sister, named Carmela, born at 8:11AM
The two births were recorded at the town hall on the 11th of July.

FamilySearch holds their birth records at: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=14215817
Looks like "Casimo/Cosimo" to me :-)

T.
MikeIAbramo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 21:02

Re: Palermo Family

Post by MikeIAbramo »

I had her last name as Casino

Thanks the Info.

Mike
MikeIAbramo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 21:02

Re: Palermo Family

Post by MikeIAbramo »

What kind of work would a Laborer and A Heavy Laborer perform?

Mike
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Palermo Family

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe they would both help in farm work.
MikeIAbramo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012, 21:02

Re: Palermo Family

Post by MikeIAbramo »

Thanks, Mike
Post Reply