Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relatives

Post by Felitti-Trimarco »

Hello,

I am looking for information on a relative of mine born in Italy. Her name was Vincenza Felitti, born 04 Apr 1900 in Vietri di Potenza to father Carlo Felitti and mother Rosina Triunfo. I'm not entirely certain that Carlo and Rosina were married. I found her birth in an obscure database of Vietri births, and believe the record is a church record, not a civil one. Her full name was listed as VINCENZINA, CLELIA, ADDOLORATA, AMELIA, GERARDA FELITTI, which makes me think it was a church record. I haven't found this in civil records.

I know that Vincenza married a man named Guiseppe Ferrigno in Vietri di Potenza on 12 Sep 1931. I'm nearly certain that they had children. I don't know if Vincenza had any siblings, but I have vague anecdotal information of a brother or some other relative named Frank Felitti who was a teacher at one point in Salerno.

I believe the Felitti-Ferrigno family at one point operated a bakery in Salerno. The address was apparently "S.P. a Corte, 31 in Salerno", but I'm not certain this is correct. I had relative that visited them shortly after World War II, but somehow lost touch afterwards. I'd love to re-establish contact, as I have learned almost everything there is to know about the Felitti branch of this family that immigrated to the US in the 1870s, 80s and 90s. I'd love to compare and share information.

I know that Vincenza Felitti Ferrigno died on 20 Jan 1979 at Trieste, Salerno, Italy. At that point her husband had died. I've been looking for years and can't seem to find a way to see if she had any children or living descendents. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me on how I might locate such people if they exist? I'm also hoping that by posting this I they one day might find this.

Thanks so much for reading my post! I'm most grateful for any responses.

sincerely,

FT :D
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relative

Post by Tessa78 »

Felitti-Trimarco wrote:Hello,

I am looking for information on a relative of mine born in Italy. Her name was Vincenza Felitti, born 04 Apr 1900 in Vietri di Potenza to father Carlo Felitti and mother Rosina Triunfo. I'm not entirely certain that Carlo and Rosina were married. I found her birth in an obscure database of Vietri births, and believe the record is a church record, not a civil one. Her full name was listed as VINCENZINA, CLELIA, ADDOLORATA, AMELIA, GERARDA FELITTI, which makes me think it was a church record. I haven't found this in civil records.

I know that Vincenza married a man named Guiseppe Ferrigno in Vietri di Potenza on 12 Sep 1931.
I'm nearly certain that they had children. I don't know if Vincenza had any siblings, but I have vague anecdotal information of a brother or some other relative named Frank Felitti who was a teacher at one point in Salerno.

I believe the Felitti-Ferrigno family at one point operated a bakery in Salerno. The address was apparently "S.P. a Corte, 31 in Salerno", but I'm not certain this is correct. I had relative that visited them shortly after World War II, but somehow lost touch afterwards. I'd love to re-establish contact, as I have learned almost everything there is to know about the Felitti branch of this family that immigrated to the US in the 1870s, 80s and 90s. I'd love to compare and share information.

I know that Vincenza Felitti Ferrigno died on 20 Jan 1979 at Trieste, Salerno, Italy. At that point her husband had died. I've been looking for years and can't seem to find a way to see if she had any children or living descendents. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me on how I might locate such people if they exist? I'm also hoping that by posting this I they one day might find this.

Thanks so much for reading my post! I'm most grateful for any responses.

sincerely,

FT :D
Here is the civil registration of the birth of
Vincenzina Clelia Addolorata Gerarda TRIUNFO
It states that her mother was Rosaria Triunfo and her father unknown. Actually, Rosaria stated that the birth was from a union with a single man who was not a relative, and who need not be named.
The father probably "recognized" her officially at a later time, and gave her his name. If this is the case, you should be able to find an act of recognition.

Notation for Vincenzina's marriage in the right column. 12 Sept. 1931 to Giuseppe Andrea Ferrigno.

Record #41 - Bottom right

T.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Wow! Thank you! This is fantastic information and corraborates well with what I knew. I was pretty sure that Carlo Felitti wasn't married to Rosina Triunfo, but this confirms it. Now I need to find out if Vincenza Felitti (Triunfo) and Giuseppe Andre Ferrigno had any children. Are there any good online databases which might show this?

Thanks!
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Do you have documents showing where she died? To my knowledge there's no place called Trieste near Salerno.
The same you could do for the address of bakery.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

It states that her mother was Rosina Triunfo and her father unknown. Actually, Rosina stated that the birth was from a union with a single man who was not a relative, and who need not be named.
I corrected my error above... :-)

Here is a possible birth record for a brother to Vincenzina...
Born in 1901 - GIULIO CESARE AUGUSTO TRIUNFO
Mother - Rosina Triunfo
Father - not named

T.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

This is fantastic information. The name Giulio Cesare is very revealing. The suspected father was likley Carlo Felitti of Vietri di Potenza. He had a set of younger twin brother who died very young, their names were Guilio Cesare and Cesare Guilio. The naming structure makes me think this indeed was the son of Carlo Felitti and Rosina Triunfo. Thank you so much for this! Do either of these records list any further information about Rosina, that is, who her parents were? Any other information is most welcome. I'm dying to find some living descendents of this branch. All of the other siblings immigrated to the USA and Carlo Felitti was the only one who stayed in Italy, survived and had children. I know there must be ancestors out there. I had relatives who knew them in the 50's and 60's, but they all lost touch.

THANKS!

- FT
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Felitti-Trimarco wrote:This is fantastic information. The name Giulio Cesare is very revealing. The suspected father was likley Carlo Felitti of Vietri di Potenza. He had a set of younger twin brother who died very young, their names were Guilio Cesare and Cesare Guilio. The naming structure makes me think this indeed was the son of Carlo Felitti and Rosina Triunfo. Thank you so much for this! Do either of these records list any further information about Rosina, that is, who her parents were? Any other information is most welcome. I'm dying to find some living descendents of this branch. All of the other siblings immigrated to the USA and Carlo Felitti was the only one who stayed in Italy, survived and had children. I know there must be ancestors out there. I had relatives who knew them in the 50's and 60's, but they all lost touch.

THANKS!

- FT
On the above birth records Rosina was age 22 for Vincenzina, and age 23 for Giulio.
She was living at Vico Primo del Popolo #3. She worked as a seamstress, and there is no mention of parents' names.

Interestingly, when I was looking for sibling birth in the 1901 record, I came across several TRIUNFO births recorded in Parte II of the record. They were births that occurred in Pittsburgh, and New York City (Mulberry St.) Don't know how they relate to the family...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Birth record of ROSINA TRIUNFO
Born 16 November 1878
Record #151
Mother: Filomena, age 36, peasant farmer
Father: not named

Top left

AND here is another POSSIBLE sibling to Vincenzina...
ANNA MARIA GRAZIA TRIUNFO
Born 15 February 1904
To Rosina Triunfo, and father who was not named.
Rosina's occupation has changed to "donna di casa" - lady of the house/housewife

AND another ...
ORTENSIA TRIUNFO
Born 23 November 1905
To Rosina Triunfo, and father not named.
Rosina listed as "casalinga" - housewife
Address is still "3 Vico Primo del Popolo

#106 - top left

ALSO ---
ANNITA TRIUNFO
Born 20 July 1907
Mother is Rosina Triunfo, "casalinga", same address
Father is not named
It should be noted that the first witness listed as witness to the recording of the birth is CARLO FELITTI, age 40, landowner.

#70 - top left
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Another Daughter...
PIERINA TRIUNFO
Born 12 August 1909
To Rosina Triunfo (same address) "donna di casa"
Father is not named
Carlo Felitti is a witness to the recording of the birth again.
Pierina's marriage notation indicates she was married in Salerno.
Looks like 10 April 1930.

#88 - top left

T.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

This information is absolutely amazing. I am overwhelmed by all of these fantastic records. Thank you!

Do all of these records come from Vietri di Potenza? I am going to be very busy tracking these people down. Again, thank you so much! I am most appreciative. Any further information is also much appreciated as well.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

- Felitti-Trimarco
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Felitti-Trimarco wrote:This information is absolutely amazing. I am overwhelmed by all of these fantastic records. Thank you!

Do all of these records come from Vietri di Potenza? I am going to be very busy tracking these people down. Again, thank you so much! I am most appreciative. Any further information is also much appreciated as well.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

- Felitti-Trimarco
Yes, all the records are from Vietri di Potenza. Unfortunately, the online records end in 1910. I was not successful in finding an act of recognition for the children.
Do you know if Vincenzina was listed as Triunfo when she was married?

You can try writing to the Comune of Salerno for the marriage of Vincenzina since the notation on her birth record indicates that is where the marriage took place. You have the date and the spouse. That should be enough for them.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Domenico Vietri 8
84127 Salerno (SA)
ITALY

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is what appears to be the Death Record of GIULIO FELITTI
Died on 31 January 1931 at age 29
Son of deceased Carlo Felitti and deceased Rosina Triunfo
He was a tailor and he was single.

It appears that Carlo "recognized" the children prior to 1931 (actually it would have been before his death, but we have to establish that date)

Record #7 - Bottom right

I will check death records prior to 1931 for Carlo and Rosina.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is a possible death record for CARLO FELITTI
Date of death is 1 March 1910
He is age 42 and a landowner
Son of deceased Vincenzo Felitti, pharmacist
and of deceased Maria De Laurentis, gentlewoman
He is listed as SINGLE..

It would appear that he never married Rosina, but he MAY have recognized the children...
At least it looks like it from Giulio's death record :?

Record #15

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

It looks like ROSINA TRIUNFO died 5 years later
Death date was 18 July 1915
Daughter of Maria Filomena Triunfo and unknown father
Rosina was age 37, and SINGLE

Record #32 - bottom right

T.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

This is all amazing information. That Carlo witness some of these births is further confirmation that he may have been the father. I wonder why he would sign as a witness and not the legitimate father?

I heard a rumor that my ancestor Angelina Felitti Papesca (in the USA, and sister to Carlo) had a brother or relative of some sort in Italy who was a priest. There were actually about 12 brothers in sister in that Felitti family (all children of Vincenzo Felitti and wife Maria DiLorenzo/DeLaurentis). Carlo was the only one to return to Vietri and stay there. I always thought the priest story was simply incorrect, but now I'm wondering if Carlo Felitti was the priest. Wouldn't this have prevented him from listing himself as the legitamate father? The death record you found is 100% him - defintely my relative Carlo Felitti. It lists him however as a "landowner" and not a "priest". What do you make of all of this?

Again, thank you so much for all of these phenomenal records. I really appreciate it and anything else you might find.

Lastly, does anyone here know of a good research actually living in Vietri di Potenza? I'd love to have someone local search some old church records and perhaps see if they can find some interesting information on this family outside of typical birth, death and marriage records. Carlo's father Vincenzo Felitti was once mayor of Vietri and I think that the family was well know as pharmacists.

Thanks again! :D :D :D