Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relative

Post by Tessa78 »

Felitti-Trimarco wrote:This is all amazing information. That Carlo witness some of these births is further confirmation that he may have been the father. I wonder why he would sign as a witness and not the legitimate father?

I heard a rumor that my ancestor Angelina Felitti Papesca (in the USA, and sister to Carlo) had a brother or relative of some sort in Italy who was a priest. There were actually about 12 brothers in sister in that Felitti family (all children of Vincenzo Felitti and wife Maria DiLorenzo/DeLaurentis). Carlo was the only one to return to Vietri and stay there. I always thought the priest story was simply incorrect, but now I'm wondering if Carlo Felitti was the priest. Wouldn't this have prevented him from listing himself as the legitamate father? The death record you found is 100% him - defintely my relative Carlo Felitti. It lists him however as a "landowner" and not a "priest". What do you make of all of this?

Again, thank you so much for all of these phenomenal records. I really appreciate it and anything else you might find.

Lastly, does anyone here know of a good research actually living in Vietri di Potenza? I'd love to have someone local search some old church records and perhaps see if they can find some interesting information on this family outside of typical birth, death and marriage records. Carlo's father Vincenzo Felitti was once mayor of Vietri and I think that the family was well know as pharmacists.

Thanks again! :D :D :D

Carlo is listed on the record as a witness to the RECORDING of the birth, not the birth.

He MAY have witnessed the birth, but that is not what the record is stating. :-)

T.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Felitti-Trimarco »

You make an excellent point. The fact that he was there as a witness is very telling though. I wonder why he could not sign the document as the father? I heard a rumor that one of the Felitti relatives was a priest. I wonder if it was Carlo? My goal is to locate living descendents in Italy. Carlo Felitti was one of twelve brothers and sisters, and I have traced the lineages of all of them except for Carlo. With so many potential children this will keep me busy. Certainly all of his children are passed away, but there must be some living descendents out there.

Are there any good professional genealogy researcher physically located in Vietri? I'd love to know more information about the Felitti family via documents which could only be found on site.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

What are the relevent years for Vietri civil records available online? I would love to research this line further, especially to see if Carlo Felitti and Rosina Triunfo's children ever married and had children of their own. I'd love to avoid writing for civil records and research them myself but I don't know if it's possible. Does anyone have any advice on how I might best pursue this.

Thank you so much! :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The records that are available online (at a subscription site) cover
births from 1866-1910;
deaths from 1866 - 1938; and
marriages from 1866-1910.

However, if you wish to do your own search, you can rent and view the microfilmed records at your nearest Family History Center (run by the Mormons).
The microfilms of the civil registrations for Vietri di Potenza cover the period 1809-1910. Here is the catalog link:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... m%2F782392

To find the nearest LDS Family History Center...
https://familysearch.org/locations

T.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks so much for this information. Is this also the extent of the microfilmed records as well? I'm trying to figure out if I need to write Vietri for the records of Carlos's children's marriages and their children's births or if I can search the microfilms. I know church records exist in Vietri but I don't think they are on microfilm or online and I'm not sure how to search them or if that is even possible.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Felitti-Trimarco wrote:Thanks so much for this information. Is this also the extent of the microfilmed records as well? I'm trying to figure out if I need to write Vietri for the records of Carlos's children's marriages and their children's births or if I can search the microfilms. I know church records exist in Vietri but I don't think they are on microfilm or online and I'm not sure how to search them or if that is even possible.
As stated in my last post :-)

The microfilms of the civil registrations for Vietri di Potenza cover the period 1809-1910.
The online records only seem to cover 1866-1910 (births and marriages); and 1866-1938 for deaths.

I would suggest you write directly to the parish in Vietri di Potenza for church records...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... rishpriest

T.