Paolo Antonio Gallo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kpalmigiano
Rookie
Rookie

Paolo Antonio Gallo

Post by kpalmigiano »

Hi There,

Still working hard on my family tree and came across some birth records for folks that look like Gallo's on the Family Search page. Here is the link: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :779871834

Image 5 and 6 in the index seem to list some Gallo's, but I'm having a difficult time making them out. Specifically, I'm trying to find the birth record for Paolo Antonio Gallo. He was born around 1850/1 in Angri son of Agostino Gallo and Maria Luisa Salvatore. Married Maria Antonia Vitiello, daughter of Michele Vitiello and Giuseppa Inocenzo, in Torre Annunziata in 1880. But I'd be happy on any information related to my Gallo ancestors!

Any help with the translation would be great. Based on the index, it looks like Paolo might be listed as Antonio Gallo and the record number is 188 (image 200), but I'm not 100% sure.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Paolo Antonio Gallo

Post by adelfio »

I thought Paolo Antonio Gallo was born in Angri you are looking in Padula that record the parents are Michele Gallo and Beatrice Rizzo you will have to write or email for records to Angri Salerno
Comune di Angri
Piazza Crocifisso n.23
84012 Angri (SA)
Italy

Ufficio Anagrafe
Comune di Angri
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Angri,Salerno. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Nome e cognome: Paolo Antonio Gallo
Data di nascita: 1849-1853
Luogo di nascita: Angri
Nome e cognome del padre: Agostino Gallo
Nome e cognome della madre: Maria Luisa Salvatore
Potreste cercare l’atto di nascita di questa persona nei vostri registri.
Per favore, vi chiedo di spedirmi una delle fotocopie su atti di nascita di Paolo Antonio Gallo
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOUR NAME ADDRESS AND EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

It would appear that you already have this marriage record, but I'll post it "just in case"

Marriage in Torre Annunziata
BTW - Paolo's mother's name is Maria Luigia, not Luisa :-)
Paolo is a gunsmith (armaiuolo)
Maria Antonia's mother's surname is d'Innocenzo

In addition to the address Marty provided above... You might want to write to the following address of the Angri City Hall...

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Doria, 1
84012 Angri (SA)
ITALY

T.
kpalmigiano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kpalmigiano »

Thanks so much with the help with the spelling. Those small differences will probably come in very handy!!