Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

suanj wrote:yes Pepita, send me all that I want see and better understand...regards suanj
Suanj,
that's done.
You should have received it by now...
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by VaDeb »

Pepita,

How did the house search go? Did you ever find the family you were looking for?

Debbie
User avatar
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by goldhunter »

The Morellis did in fact live on Myrtus Ave. Antonietta, (maiden name Felici) and her husband James lived at 5144 and her son Robert and his wife Pearl, at 5142. It is a two family house. The 5144 address was an addition which was added in 1958. They sold the property in 1981. The signatures on the deed were those of Robert, Pearl and Antonietta, (widow).

The Morellis who went to Temple City, were originally from Meadville, Pa. They went to California in 1955, (give or take a year). Today, there are family members still living in the Meadville area. There is a grandson named James and another named David, (not Dario). I was also able to locate information on other family members who at one time lived in Temple City.

James, (Antonietta's husband) died in 1966. Antonietta passed away in the year 2000 at the age of 96. Her father's name was Angelo Felici and her mother's maiden name was Nobili. Both James and Antonietta are at the Ressurection cemetery in Montebello, California.

There are still a few mysteries. Most likely Antonietta had another son who remained in Pa. Up to this point, I can't find any info on this relative. Also, her brother who went to Miami is still a mystery.

This is still a work in progress. I know the city in California where Robert and Pearl moved to after Temple City. I also know where David, (the grandson) lived in the year 2000. There is another possible grandson now living in Wyoming and 5-6 more relatives in the area of Temple City. Hopefully I will make contact with a family member in the near future. I have been in contact with Alessia via e-mail.

Just something of interest. As mentioned above, Antonietta was 96 when she passed away. Her cousin Renato in Italy is 91. I found a Felici living in Pennsylvania that is 103 and another in Ohio that is 104.

For those of you who remember the picture that Alessia has, it is a picture of Antonietta and her son Robert, not her husband James.

Jay
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by wldspirit »

As I told you some time ago Jay, your effort with this search is AMAZING!!
You have uncovered so much more than I could ever have hoped for.......I am so happy for Alessia!!!!!!
Best of luck with all your leads!!!!
wldspirit
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by suanj »

Dear Goldhunter, I know that Pepita are in holiday from some week; in effect in private message between me and Pepita, we know that the just name is David and not Dario as before saying... so we know now with your great help that:
Antonietta Felici (daughter of Angelo and....? Nobili) was born in 1904 and died in 2000 of 96 old; Antonietta married with James Morelli died in 1966; Robert Morelli married with Pearl, and they had 2 sons: James and David; David is living... well this your input is really an GREAT input, I wait to read next Pepita posting... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by VaDeb »

Wonderful to see such a success. Thanks for sharing the update. I have thought of Pepita and wondered if she was able to be re-connected to the family she was looking for.

Debbie
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by suanj »

From an first search, PERHAPS, I found that Antonietta's mother name was Anna Nobili, they came from Segni common... Angelo Felici came in first time in 20 March 1909 of 26 old, and sure after also the wife and childs; the first destination was Phila, joining with Filippo Sindonici friend....


suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by goldhunter »

Very good Suanj!

I thought the mother's name was Anna, just did not know for sure. It was written over on the Death Certificate.

I made contact with a member of the Morelli family by marriage. She said that in the U.S. Antonietta went by the name Antonette. That explains some of the confusion with her name at the beginning of this thread. On the deed for the property I saw Antonietta's signature and she did use the Italian spelling. Both Robert, (the son) and his wife Pearl moved back to Pennsylvania in 1991. Shortly thereafter Robert died. He was born in 1923. My hunch was wrong on the last post. Antonietta had only one son and no daughters. Other than perhaps great grandchildren, the only remaining relatives are Pearl, David and James. Pearl and David are now living in Pennsylvania and James is in Southern California. Antonietta was born in 1903. When she died in the year 2000, she was not quite 97 years old.

Jay
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by suanj »

goldhunter wrote:Very good Suanj!

I thought the mother's name was Anna, just did not know for sure. It was written over on the Death Certificate.

I made contact with a member of the Morelli family by marriage. She said that in the U.S. Antonietta went by the name Antonette. That explains some of the confusion with her name at the beginning of this thread. On the deed for the property I saw Antonietta's signature and she did use the Italian spelling. Both Robert, (the son) and his wife Pearl moved back to Pennsylvania in 1991. Shortly thereafter Robert died. He was born in 1923. My hunch was wrong on the last post. Antonietta had only one son and no daughters. Other than perhaps great grandchildren, the only remaining relatives are Pearl, David and James. Pearl and David are now living in Pennsylvania and James is in Southern California. Antonietta was born in 1903. When she died in the year 2000, she was not quite 97 years old.

Jay
Hi Jay, in fact I found the ship's manifest of Angelo Felici and are mentioned Anna wife... I'm sure that is he... today I emailed Alessia, so I hope that soon reply here, why this are very good news!
Now is possible to find David and James and Pearl address, so Alessia can speak with they.............
Angelo felici ship's manifest http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1883/a ... rile6g.jpg
and second part
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2194/a ... rilene.jpg
and finally Alessia reply me now...! Surprise for Alessia after holidays!
:wink: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by goldhunter »

Hi Suanj,

I e-mailed Ale to tell her I talked to a Morelli relative and she is very happy.

I do know the names of the cities where Pearl, David and James now live. I also have an address for David from the year 2000 that still may be good. I'll do my best to find their telephone numbers. James has an e-mail address, unfortunately I do not know what it is. Will keep you posted.

Best wishes, ... Jay
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

Hello everybody my dearest "TomPonzi Friends"!!!!
Back from my holidays 1 week ago I found the biggest surprise in my lifetime!
You made it, genius!
You deserve a great standing ovation, all of you!
I'm now trying to trace all the mails you wrote to me in theese days.
it's a little mess here for me.
While I was out I found myself moved to a new office, and I didn't expect this, i have a brand new boss and I'm snowed under all the things I have to do.
In the meantime I'm also moving to my new house.
I rent it with a friend.
So I'm sleeping once to my mom's home and once in my new house.

Yesterday I told to my family that you find our relatives and they were sooo excited.
I am only sorry that I missed Antonietta for few years.
Anyway, let's see what's goin to happen.
I'm glad to be back to you.

Hope i have news from you all.
Huuuuuugs!!!!! :lol: Alessia :D

Ps
My special thank's and a sticky kiss go to: Jay, Suanj and Debbie...
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by suanj »

Hi Jay and Alessia, I found this record about Antonietta Morelli and sure is she, why the data are the same:
Name: Antonietta Morelli
SSN: 191-20-8164
Last Residence: 90806 Long Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Born: 23 Nov 1903
Died: 17 Feb 2000
State (Year) SSN issued: Pennsylvania (Before 1951 )
--------------------
moreover now we know about the husband that James A. Morelli:
Name: MORELLI, JAMES A
Social Security #: 168103981
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 25 Feb 1890
Birthplace: ITALY
Death Date: 9 Sep 1966
Mother's Maiden Name: PISANI
Father's Surname:
------------------
I hope that you Jay can find some other record......
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: 01 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by pepita.az »

suanj wrote:Hi Jay and Alessia, I found this record about Antonietta Morelli and sure is she, why the data are the same:
Name: Antonietta Morelli
SSN: 191-20-8164
Last Residence: 90806 Long Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Born: 23 Nov 1903
Died: 17 Feb 2000
State (Year) SSN issued: Pennsylvania (Before 1951 )
--------------------
moreover now we know about the husband that James A. Morelli:
Name: MORELLI, JAMES A
Social Security #: 168103981
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 25 Feb 1890
Birthplace: ITALY
Death Date: 9 Sep 1966
Mother's Maiden Name: PISANI
Father's Surname:
------------------
I hope that you Jay can find some other record......
regards, suanj

Suanj,
grazie grazie grazie!!!!!
Devo ancora leggere il tuo msg sulla mia posta di lavoro...ora vado.
Baci!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by suanj »

ok! :wink:
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Apr 2005, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???

Post by goldhunter »

Earlier today I had a nice conversation with a very pleasant lady named: Pearl Morelli. Pearl is now living in Pennsylvania and said she would be happy to talk to Alessia. She mentioned that she does not remember very much about Angelo and Anna Felici but she did remember that Angelo came to the U.S. twice. She also mentioned that both her sons have internet access and she would get David's e-mail address for Alessia.

I am very happy that we could help Ale. I know she appreciates all the help that everyone has given her over the past several months. It's time to uncork the wine bottles.

Best wishes to everyone, ... Jay
Post Reply