Luigi Pesaturo and Isabella Scuncio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Luigi Pesaturo and Isabella Scuncio

Post by Amansolillo »

I am looking for information on Luigi Pesaturo and his wife Isabella Scuncio. They were born sometime around the 1830's in Prata Sannita and immigrated to Rhode Island around 1890. The parents of Luigi were Vincenzo Pesaturo and Clementina Di Tommasi (Clementina died in 1876 in Prata Sannita, but there are only 6 records of that year on Ancestry.com). I am trying to see if Luigi Pesaturo was related to Michele Arcangelo Pesaturo (my great-great-grandfather), who was born in 1850 in Prata Sannita and also immigrated to Rhode Island. It's to my knowledge that Michele and Luigi's families were the only Pesaturo families in Rhode Island in the early 1900's. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any pointers that would suggest if they were related or not, but I'm pretty sure that they were. Michele's parents were Ottaviano Pesaturo and Vittoria Conca, and Ottaviano's parents were Michele Pesaturo and Elena Valla. Ottaviano immigrated to New Jersey and died there in the 1890's. An interesting note is that Ottaviano had twins named Luigi and Vincenzo born in 1871 with his second wife. I would appreciate any information that would connect Luigi and his family to Michele and his family. Thanks.
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Luigi Pesaturo and Isabella Scuncio

Post by Tessa78 »

Do you have these records?

Birth of Luigi Pesaturo in 1837
name: Luigi Antonio Pisaturo
baptism/christening date: 30 Dec 1837
baptism/christening place: CIVILE, PRATA SANNITA, CASERTA, ITALY
birth date: 30 Dec 1837
birthplace:
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Vincenzo Pisaturo
father's birthplace:
father's age:
mother's name: Clementina D'Tommasi
mother's birthplace:
mother's age:
indexing project (batch) number: C84022-2
system origin: Italy-EASy
source film number: 1173579

name: Michele Arcangelo Pisaturo
baptism/christening date: 16 Jan 1850
baptism/christening place: CIVILE, PRATA SANNITA, CASERTA, ITALY
birth date: 16 Jan 1850
birthplace:
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Ottaviano Pisaturo
father's birthplace:
father's age:
mother's name: Vittoria Conca
mother's birthplace:
mother's age:
indexing project (batch) number: C84022-2
system origin: Italy-EASy
source film number: 1173579

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

On a hunch I checked the Pubblicazione for Prata Sannita...
Found the Record for Banns for MicheleArcangelo Pesaturo and Cecilia Fragola in 1878...

The record is #4
Dated 29 November 1878 at 9:40 Am at the town hall in Prata Sannita.
The official, Antonio Valla, received from the Comune of Letino a request dated 25 November 1878 by Mayor Pasquale Caruso of Letino, to post the banns today for...

MicheleArcangelo Pesaturo, profession "Segretario Municipale" (Municipal Secretary), born in Prata Sannita, residing in Letino, of age[maggiore]; son of Ottaviano, profession of landowner, resident of Prata Sannita, and of deceased Vittoria Conca, a resident of Prata Sannita during her life
AND
Cecilia Fragola, profession "Maestra Elementare" (Elementary Teacher), born in Piedmonte d'Alife, residing in Letino, of age[maggiore]; daughter of deceased Giuseppe, landowner, a resident of Piedmonte d'Alife in his life, and of Elisabetta Giordano, landowner residing in Piedmonte d'Alife

Request to post the banns in Prata Sannita, also, because the groom lived in the comune until last year.
The official states that he is prepared to do this immediately.

Bottom left and top right of the image...
The left column indicates the dates of the posting of the banns on 1, 8, 12 of December.

T.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

I thought that if I tried finding Clementina Di Tommasi's death record, it would help me find Vincenzo Pesaturo's death record, which would help me determine who is parents were.
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Amansolillo wrote:I am looking for information on Luigi Pesaturo and his wife Isabella Scuncio. They were born sometime around the 1830's in Prata Sannita and immigrated to Rhode Island around 1890. The parents of Luigi were Vincenzo Pesaturo and Clementina Di Tommasi (Clementina died in 1876 in Prata Sannita, but there are only 6 records of that year on Ancestry.com). I am trying to see if Luigi Pesaturo was related to Michele Arcangelo Pesaturo (my great-great-grandfather), who was born in 1850 in Prata Sannita and also immigrated to Rhode Island. It's to my knowledge that Michele and Luigi's families were the only Pesaturo families in Rhode Island in the early 1900's. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any pointers that would suggest if they were related or not, but I'm pretty sure that they were. Michele's parents were Ottaviano Pesaturo and Vittoria Conca, and Ottaviano's parents were Michele Pesaturo and Elena Valla. Ottaviano immigrated to New Jersey and died there in the 1890's. An interesting note is that Ottaviano had twins named Luigi and Vincenzo born in 1871 with his second wife. I would appreciate any information that would connect Luigi and his family to Michele and his family. Thanks.
POSSIBLE death record for the Vincenzo Pesaturo you mention above
Death occurred in 1871, on 23 January at the house of his parents.
Vincenzo Pesaturo was 8 hours old, the son of Ottaviano and of Maria Luigia Iannace.

Record #6 on the left...

T.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Amansolillo »

Yes, and the Luigi Pesaturo born in 1871 also died that same day. I'm trying to wonder if there are any death records from Prata Sannita of potential siblings of Ottaviano.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I haven't found any siblings to Ottaviano, BUT...

Found a death record for a brother of MichaelArcangelo...

Atti di Morti
Record #16 - 1887
Crescenzo Pesaturo
Died at age 27
Son of Ottaviano, Landowner and of deceased Vittoria Conca
He was single.

T.