Translation help - please & thank you

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nimby5956
Rookie
Rookie

Translation help - please & thank you

Post by Nimby5956 »

I need help with this translation....Pasquale Maggio on other documents lists parents unknown. This is his birth certificate, but I can't read the text. Thinking he was a foundling.

http://tinypic.com/r/j9c9jc/6
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation help - please & thank you

Post by Tessa78 »

This record is dated 2 may 1816 at 2 PM at the town office.

Marianna Murro(sp?), 36, a midwife living on Strada della Chiesa, appeared before the official to say that at 4:30 [AM] last night at the door to the house there was a child who appeared to be about 4 or 5 months of age, born to parents unknown.
She tells the officials of the items she found with the child including 2 cloth diapers, and a white cloth sash or strip. (A child would sometimes be left with items that later would make help in identification if/when the parents are able to redeem the child.) The declarant also seems to indicate that he has an apparent mark on the nape of his neck. (another way to identify)
The child was given the name Pasquale Maggio.
Witnesses to this declaration and record:
Francesco Gaglinardi(?), age 70, peasant farmer
Leonardo Benedetto, age 37, cart driver

T.
Nimby5956
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nimby5956 »

I love you!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

:D :wink:

T.
Nimby5956
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nimby5956 »

I do hate to ask again....I have only a few documents that have handwriting and I'm having such a difficult time reading them. I can make out a few words, numbers. But I'm not sure of the parents. Would you mind terribly looking at another? http://tinypic.com/r/2mcdslu/6
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nimby5956 wrote:I do hate to ask again....I have only a few documents that have handwriting and I'm having such a difficult time reading them. I can make out a few words, numbers. But I'm not sure of the parents. Would you mind terribly looking at another? http://tinypic.com/r/2mcdslu/6
Glad to :-D !

Record #140
Dated 2 December 1819 at 3 PM at the town office in Toritto
Appearing before the official is Antonio ___?___ (Scorzelli??? - I can't read it clearly), son of Domenico, age 24, a peasant farmer; to declare that on day one of the current month [Dec. 1] in the current year at hour 12 (noon) was born to the declarant and to his legitimate wife Nicola Lo Squadro [daughter] of Gerardo, a baby boy to whom they gave the name Domenico.
Witnesses to the recording of this act: (MAY be the grandfathers :-D)
Domenico Scorzelli(?), son of Antonio, age 50, peasant farmer
Gerardo Lo Squadro, age 55, peasant farmer

T.
Nimby5956
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nimby5956 »

Many Thanks - again
Tessa78
Master
Master