Translation Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Translation Help

Post by rancelli »

Translation help for Francesco Alampi and Giulia Buccella...I need to know if Domenicantiono and Egidia were both alive during the marriage. If they were alive, I wonder why Domenic was living in Alanno, and Egidia in Catona? Was it common for divorce back in those days? Also if you can translate the bottom part that would be great. Thank you

http://postimage.org/image/rycze3np3/full/
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help

Post by erudita74 »

rancelli wrote:Translation help for Francesco Alampi and Giulia Buccella...I need to know if Domenicantiono and Egidia were both alive during the marriage. If they were alive, I wonder why Domenic was living in Alanno, and Egidia in Catona? Was it common for divorce back in those days? Also if you can translate the bottom part that would be great. Thank you

http://postimage.org/image/rycze3np3/full/
Divorce has only been recognized in Italy since 1970, so them living in two different locations may have been work related.

As to the handwritten section on the bottom part of the record-first the couple presented a certificate with the dates of the two marriage publications (like banns of marriage)which took place on two Sundays, June 28th and July 5th of the current year.

The next section indicates that, in the presence of witnesses, the couple exposed that from their natural union two children had been born in this town and had been reported by the father Alampi to have been born to him and an unknown mother. The one on Aug 5, 1900 under the name of Paolo Alampi and the other on April 8, 1902 under the name of Bruna Alampi. The town official stated that, with the present act, they were recognized as their own children (in other words, the marriage legitimized the birth of these children in the eyes of the civil state and recognized the bride as their legitimate mother). The town official read the document aloud and he, Alampi, and the first witness, Giuseppe C, signed below. The others were illiterate and did not.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

Thank you...Are you able make out Francesco's mother's surname? What was Giulia and Francesco's occupation?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

rancelli wrote:Thank you...Are you able make out Francesco's mother's surname? What was Giulia and Francesco's occupation?
Her name was Quattrone.

Francesco was a ferroviere-railwayman

Giulia was a casalingua-housewife
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

erudita74 wrote:
rancelli wrote:Thank you...Are you able make out Francesco's mother's surname? What was Giulia and Francesco's occupation?
Her name was Quattrone.

Francesco was a ferroviere-railwayman

Giulia was a casalingua-housewife
Wow thank you so much ! I thought it was Quattrove at first, but then I couldn't find anyone with that name in the white pages, but I do see Quattrone :) Thanks again.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. Happy to help.