tracing italian family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ellis

tracing italian family

Post by ellis »

hi i have just joined.I am looking for a John Pensa from Italy but lived in London making barometers-died 1838-i cannot find a birth date- thanks for any help or pointers. ellis
redzinner

Re: tracing italian family

Post by redzinner »

John Antonio Pansa
born abt 1796
Burial 1 Jan 1839
St Andrew Holborn
City of London

record indicates he lived on a Greville St and died at the age of 43

do you know where in Italy he was born?
ellis

Post by ellis »

hi thanks for your email-i dont know the birth date or the place, this is as far as ihave got- i am a novice at all this so am learning from all you guys! i am guessing he was born in Italy and came over with his parents- i do know of another john pensa from Liguria from earlier date but no details as yet - i have a copy of a letter he wrote to Admiral Nelson!!! asking for safe conduct to England but no dob or anyrthing for him yet.thanks
christineo176

Post by christineo176 »

Hi,

I have a John Pensa in my family tree, who lived in England and was a barometers. He was my 3rd great grandfather. I know about his life in England, but not where he was born. He died in about 1846.

Regards,
Chris
christineo176

Post by christineo176 »

ellis wrote:hi thanks for your email-i dont know the birth date or the place, this is as far as ihave got- i am a novice at all this so am learning from all you guys! i am guessing he was born in Italy and came over with his parents- i do know of another john pensa from Liguria from earlier date but no details as yet - i have a copy of a letter he wrote to Admiral Nelson!!! asking for safe conduct to England but no dob or anyrthing for him yet.thanks
Hi,

Sorry, he died before 1846! His widow was registered as the following,MARGARET England, fl.1840-48, PHIM barometer and thermometer maker; possibly the widow of John Pensa.25 Charles Street, Hatton Garden, London (1846)

Regards,
Chris
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ellis wrote:hi thanks for your email-i dont know the birth date or the place, this is as far as ihave got- i am a novice at all this so am learning from all you guys! i am guessing he was born in Italy and came over with his parents- i do know of another john pensa from Liguria from earlier date but no details as yet - i have a copy of a letter he wrote to Admiral Nelson!!! asking for safe conduct to England but no dob or anyrthing for him yet.thanks
I know that the italian barometers maker in England coming from Como area (Italy) and Ticino area(Italian Canton in Switzerland).. probably...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH