1817 Birth Record-Maria Fortunata Viola #31

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1817 Birth Record-Maria Fortunata Viola #31

Post by Haztek »

Record #31
At hour 15 (3 PM) on day 14 of February 1819 before Michele Buonanni, Mayor of the Comune of Cervinara, Province of Principato Ultra, appeared Angelo Viola, age 32, profession of laborer, living in the aforesaid Comune, Casala Piscimoni, was born to his legitimate wife Caterina Campoana, age 30, at 10 AM, was a female child named Maria Fortunata.
Witnesses: Guglielmo Menola, age 35, profession of (?), living in the aforesaid Comune, and Sielio Campoana, age 60, profession of (?), living in (come sopra) as above.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/hwg2ngbjp/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: 1817 Birth Record-Maria Fortunata Viola #31

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi jerry :-D !

Mother's surname appears to be CAMPANA - found in Cervinara

First witness's surname is MEROLA - possibly a servant?
Second witness is PIETRO CAMPANA -

T.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you Tessa. Can you make out what the profession of Pietro is?

Thanks, jerry
PS These images aren't too bad to see. I have been taking a picture of them right on the microfilm machine with my 3rd generation iPad. It is a lot easier then the 'old' way of doing it.
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
I am throwing out this possibility for the profession-not that I think it is correct because of the fourth letter in the document.

cantoniere-which is a signalman or roadman
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

The 4th letter looked like a D to me! I have looked and looked at a list of occupations trying to figure this out, but could not get it!

Thank you for your efforts and also for contacting Raccuja for me.

On Tuesdays, I got to the FHC to work on my father's side (Rotondi & Cervinara) of the family and I have been working on my mothers side (Raccuja) at home thru the Internet.

jerry
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

The fourth letter actually looks like a "d" to me too! But I've seen all kinds of possibilities for the beginning letters. I just can't find any occupation that seems to fit the bill.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I read "candeniere", that might be a dialectal way to say "cantiniere"="innkeeper"
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you PippoM.
jerry