Cash family Sicily to Colordo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tlbsab

Cash family Sicily to Colordo

Post by tlbsab »

I am working on my fiancee's family tree for a wedding gift and I'm stuck. His last name is Cash. The immigrant member of his family was Ignazio Cash b: Jan 1869 he entered the US in 1890 and settled in Lousiana. He married Rosalia around 1894 after she arrived in the States with his brother, Philippo. He lived there at least until 1901 and then migrated to Pueblo, Colorado.
I can't find any info on his immigration. WE think that the spelling of Cash may have changed when they entered the US. But I can't find anything that is anything close.
Does anyone have any ideas? or know of any other Cash's from Sicily.

Tammy
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cash family Sicily to Colordo

Post by sazzlynn »

Cashio is a Sicilian name that is found in Louisiana. Where in La did they live ? I might be able to help you with La records.
tlbsab

Post by tlbsab »

the info that I have is from the 1900 census. they were listed in the Assumption Parish 6th Ward.
He is listed under Nick Cash.
I know that he and Rosalia were married there because she arrived in the states at age 13 and was married at age 15.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The correct italian spelling most probable is CASCIO...
also are an Frank Cascio(Cash):

Name: Frank Cash
Home in 1900: Police Jury Ward 8, Assumption, Louisiana
Estimated birth year: 1880
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Immigration year: 1890
Image source: Year: 1900; Census Place: Police Jury Ward 8, Assumption, Louisiana; Roll: T623 557; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 10.

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Name: Ignelio Cash
Estimated birth year: abt 1870
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Rosalie Cash
Race: White
Home in 1930: Precinct 12, Pueblo, Colorado

from reading census manifest: Ignazio Cash age 60 in 1930, married when 25 old; immigrated date: unknown; Italy...
Rosalia Cash age 50 in 1930; married when was 15 old; date of immigration unknown..., Italy..
Carlo son age 16 single, born in Colorado
...Carmine? grandson age 8 born in colorado......
neighbors:
Philip Cash age 45 in 1930 etc... imm. 1898 NA;the Mary wife immigrated in 1897...
etc....
Is possible that Philip was Ignazio's brother?
about this last record(Filippo CASCIO), born abt 1885 and emigrated in 1898, are this data:
Filippo Cascio age 19, born in Montemaggiore, date of emigration September 06, 1898, final destination New Orleans, LA.., joining brother:IGNAZIO (!)

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2593020085

about birthyear of Ignazio I ask you; you sure that is 1869?
hoping helpful!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
tlbsab

Post by tlbsab »

thank you so much that looks like his brother. yes Philip is listed as his brother in the Assumption Lousiana census from 1900.
In all the censuses that I found Ignazio he has had a even age. 50, 40, etc. (so I had his birthdate recorded as 1970) but in the 1900 census they have his birthdate recorded as 1869. In the 1920 census I have that he arrived in 1890 and was naturalized in 1903.
tlbsab

Post by tlbsab »

I just found this on the family tree web site. I tried to contact Debbie but she no longer has this email.

"D Samson, Colorado

I am researching the following family information. Filippo Cascio, aka Phillip Cash, was born in Montemaggiore Belsito, Palermo, Sicily, in 1883, to Francesco Cascio and Sara Rosaria Catalano. He had a brother named Ignazio, b 1868, and a brother, Libro, dob unk. Libro was a priest in Italy. Ignazio and Phillip both emigrated to New Orleans and then Colorado. No further information is known. Phillip married Maria Grazia Cardinale in Pueblo, Colorado, in 1905 and had seven living children and two deceased. Ignazio married Maria's sister Rosalie and also lived in Pueblo, Colorado. Maria was born to Carlo Cardinale and Rosa Taulli, in Alia, Palermo, Sicily, in 1889 and emigrated in the early to mid 1890's, first to New Orleans and then on to Pueblo. Rosa Taulli was the child of Josephi and Elizabetta Panepinto and was born sometime in the early 1840's, also in Alia. I would appreciate any information that anyone may be able to provide on these persons or their ancestors and am willing to share the information that I have available."
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Tibsab: are same persons! Well you know more now! the "Libro" priest brother, really will be" LIBERO" first name......regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
tlbsab

Post by tlbsab »

Thank you so much for all your help. I appreciate it so much.
Tammy
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sazzlynn »

Hello,
I have been researching in this very area of Louisiana. In the church records index I found:
Ignacio CASCIO, age 24, born at Monte Maggiore, Belsito, Italy (parents: Francesco CASCIO and Rosara CATALANA) married 7 July 1894 Rosalia CARDINALE, age 17, born at Alia, Palermo, Italy (parents: Carlo CARDINALE and Rosa TAULLE) St Anne Catholic Church, Napoleonville, La (SAN book 5, page 43)

Francesco CASCIA (parents: Ignasio CASCIA and Roslie CARDENALE) born 29 July 1895, bap. 4 Aug 1895. Sponsors: Rosolino Chimento and Maria Cascia (SAN 2 - 32)

Carlo CASCIA ( parents: Ignacio CASCIA and Rosalia CARDENALE) born 29 Jann 1898, bap 5 Feb 1898. Sponsors: Cruciano Pusatere and Gioranna Riele. ( SAN 2 - 44)

There were at least 6 different Cascio families in the area at this time. Spellings varied including, Cascio, Cascia, Casia, Cassia, Casio and Cassio. I found no records for Filippo. The indexes only cover to the year 1898.

Just for interest, I found this record:
Concetta CASCIA (parents: Ignacio CASCIO and Lucia ROTOLO) born 4 Dec 1898.Sponsors: Marino ROTOLO and Elisabeth TAULLES. The sponsors for this baby are our family. Our family is from Alia, Sicily.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

great job sazzlynn!!!
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
tlbsab

Post by tlbsab »

You guys are so awesome!!! This means so much. You see my fiancee is an orphan so the family info means so much. We appreciate all your hard work.