Wow!! - a lot of great information. Thanks so much. I will look all of this over.
The first trace I have of Domenico Piraino is in 1914 - when he marries Guiseppina Andreoni in Camden NJ. As you saw we located his WW1 draft reg. (1918) in Camden under the name "Piran". And I have a pretty good trail of him (1920, 1930 Fed. census, City directories) after that time, until his death in 1930.
And I know his parents names are Father: Michele and Mother: Emmasina Lappara - so that probably eliminates Giovanni Battista Piraine as a brother since he lists other parental names - but could be a cousin?
Domenico's first son was named Frank so perhaps he is tied to the Francesco that you found in Camden?
Sometimes you just need to take a roundabout way to get info on a direct line ancestor. Hopefully some of the info will connect to your ancestry.
Erudita
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...