Please help translate this birth record from Cori

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dabparis

Please help translate this birth record from Cori

Post by dabparis »

Hi,
Can anyone out there translate the attached birth record from Cori, Italy for me? Many Thanks!
Attachments
Corbi, Corace.jpg
Corbi, Corace.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1235 times
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Please help translate this birth record from Cori

Post by erudita74 »

dabparis wrote:Hi,
Can anyone out there translate the attached birth record from Cori, Italy for me? Many Thanks!

Dated Jan 25, 1892 at 9:15 a.m. in the town hall

Informant and baby's father: Francesco Corbi, age 33, peasant/farmer living in Cori

reported that at 7 P.M. in the house on Vicolo degli Orti, a male infant was born to his wife, Virginia Milita and given the name Ettore Tobia Corace

Witnesses to the presentation of the infant and reporting of the birth were Ettore Silvi, age 29, clerk and Vincenzo Salvatori, age 26, clerk

Erudita
dabparis

Post by dabparis »

Thank you! Just curious, I assume you are guessing about the wife's first name, since it is cut off at Virgi? Was Virginia actually a name that would have been used in 1892 in Italy?
Thanks,
Dabney
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Correction to my above translation

child's name was Corace Ettore Tobia Corbi

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Sabino wrote:Niente di originale ma anche se la dichiarazione è effettivamente del 25 Gennaio 1892, la data di nascita è il 23 Gennaio 1892.

" il quale mi ha dichiarato che alle ore pomeridiane Sette e minuti --, del dì Ventitre del corrente mese "

Yes, the birth took place on the 23rd, which I accidentally omitted from my translation. Thanks Sabino.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

dabparis wrote:Thank you! Just curious, I assume you are guessing about the wife's first name, since it is cut off at Virgi? Was Virginia actually a name that would have been used in 1892 in Italy?
Thanks,
Dabney
The first name of the wife was broken between two lines. You will see "Virgi" at the end of one line with a double line under the last "i"; and "nia" at the beginning of the next.
And, Yes, Virginia was a name that was used. :)

T.