Old Writing translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Chaos7002

Old Writing translation

Post by Chaos7002 »

If there is anyone who can possibly help with the translation of my great grandfathers birth act please!!!!!I will write it as it was written for me.

L'anno 1870, il giorno 15 del mese di giugno nella casa comunale dinnanzi a me e comparso Angelo Acito fu Pasquale di anni 40...
... domiciliato in questo comune il quale(denuncia) un bambino di sesso maschile.
Dichiara essergli nato il giorno 10 di giugno anno corrente alle ore 24 dalla di Lui moglie Maria Giuseppa De Rosa fu Crescenzo di anni 43...
... nella loro civica abitazione sita in questo comune nella strada Rocchisana al quale figlio dichiara di dare il nome di Francesco Acito. La presente dichiarazione viene fatta alla presenza di me Bonaventura Vitolo.

di anni 52 e di Raffaele Musso e di
di anni 26 testimoni del dichiarante
ai quali ho dato lettura del presente processo
verbale scritto contemporaneamente...

Any help with translation of this would be great Thanks in advance!!!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Old Writing translation

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Chaos,

I will give it a try. As I read it, it seems as if some of the phrases have been left out that are usually present in the birth act.

The year 1870, the day 14 of the month of June at the town hall, appeared Angelo Acito, son of Pasquale (Pasquale is deceased, fu=deceased) 40 years old, living in this commune, who pronounces a male baby.

The declarant (Angelo) states the child was born June 10th of this year at hours 24 (midnight) to his wife Maria Giuseppa De Rosa (daughter of the deceased Crescezo), age 43.

They reside in this commune in the place Rocchisana and he gives his son the name of Francesco Acito.

The present declaration is made in the presence of me by Bonaventura Vitolo, age 52 and Raffaele Musso age 26, witnesses of the declarant, to which I have read the present court/legal record that was written at the same time.

My translation isn't perfect. Hopefully Suanj will correct as needed.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Debbie, the traslation is most just, only some word....

"L'anno 1870, il giorno 15 del mese di giugno nella casa comunale dinnanzi a me e comparso Angelo Acito fu Pasquale di anni 40...
... domiciliato in questo comune il quale(denuncia) un bambino di sesso maschile.
Dichiara essergli nato il giorno 10 di giugno anno corrente alle ore 24 dalla di Lui moglie Maria Giuseppa De Rosa fu Crescenzo di anni 43...
... nella loro civica abitazione sita in questo comune nella strada Rocchisana al quale figlio dichiara di dare il nome di Francesco Acito. La presente dichiarazione viene fatta alla presenza di me Bonaventura Vitolo.

di anni 52 e di Raffaele Musso e di
di anni 26 testimoni del dichiarante
ai quali ho dato lettura del presente processo
verbale scritto (sottoscritto) contemporaneamente..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The year 1870, the day 15 of the month of June at the town hall, in my presence is appeared Angelo Acito, son of Pasquale (Pasquale is deceased, fu=deceased) 40 years old, living in this commune, who declares a child of male gender.

He ( Angelo)declares that (the child) is born June 10th current year at hours 24 (midnight) to his wife Maria Giuseppa De Rosa (daughter of the deceased Crescezo), age 43….

….in their civic house, situated in this commune, in Rocchisana street, and to which son, he (Angelo)declares to give the name of Francesco Acito.

The present declaration is made in the presence of me by Bonaventura Vitolo, age 52 and Raffaele Musso age 26, witnesses of the declarant, to which I have read the present report (proceeding) signed at the same time.......
---------------------------------------
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Chaos7002

Post by Chaos7002 »

Wow thank you both so much for helping with this. I know there is more to it but my cousin in Rome only sent a scanned copy of the act and that was all I could understand from the writing. When he comes here in December I will have the full document.

Also Suanj would you know how to find out if Francesco had any brothers or sisters?????

And thank you again for the fast help!!!!!!!!!!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

"Also Suanj would you know how to find out if Francesco had any brothers or sisters?????"

for this is necessary an search ......................... but I don't know the birthplace, but you yes, so you can see on Mormons website if are the civil record of Francesco birthplace
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

if no, is possible equally the search.............
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Chaos7002

Post by Chaos7002 »

I didnt know they had results in Italy there. But he was born in Roccadaspide,italy. They do have a site online but it seems that it is still incomplete. Would this info be available at the comune???and how would I look for it when there???
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The search is possible in ARHIVIO DI STATO DI SALERNO for civil records of Roccadaspide from 1809/1865
(http://www.maas.ccr.it/PDF/Salerno.pdf pag 25/26) ; for record after 1865 in Roccadaspide city hall...
Roccadaspide records no are on line... and no in Mormon microfilms..........
you can ask an Certificato Storico di Famiglia ( only for 1 generation, this Francesco's generation) and by payment, of :

"ACITO Angelo figlio di Pasquale, nato a Roccadaspide nel 1830 circa, sposato con DE ROSA Maria Giuseppa figlia di Crescenzo, nata a Roccadaspide nel 1837 circa"( ACITO Angelo son of Pasquale, born in Roccadaspide abt 1830, married to DE ROSA Maria Giuseppa daughter of Crescenzo, born in Roccadaspide abt 1837"
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH