Marraige Record Translation: Celli/ Meloro

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Marraige Record Translation: Celli/ Meloro

Post by tikibar22 »

Could someone translate this Marriage record for Luca Celli my 3XGGF and Maria Giuseppe Meloro. Record #79

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2050764809
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Marraige Record Translation: Celli/ Meloro

Post by Tessa78 »

tikibar22 wrote:Could someone translate this Marriage record for Luca Celli my 3XGGF and Maria Giuseppe Meloro. Record #79

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2050764809
This is not a marriage record, but rather a record of a request to publish the banns of marriage (required before marriage to given anyone with reason to impede the marriage a chance to do so...)

Dated 4 June 1870 at 10 PM at the town office in Bagnoli Irpino
Appearing before the official was:
Luca Celli, peasant farmer, age 30; and Maria Giuseppa Conte, peasant farmer, age 37;
son of deceased Domenico and Maria Abbruzzese; daughter of deceased Donato and of [living] Maddalena Meloro, peasant farmer residing in this town.
Witnesses presented: Antonio Chiaffo, son of Aniello, age 22; and Pietro di Sabato, son of deceased Rocco Ferraro, age 50

Luca Celli presented his birth act dated 18 December 1839 in Bagnoli
Maria Giuseppa Conte presented her birth act dated 6 September 1842
She also presented the death act of Luigi Meloro, her first husband, who died on 25 August 1867.
The banns are to be posted tomorrow, Sunday, 5 June 1870 on the door of the town office.

T.
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tikibar22 »

T-
Thanks so much, this is a huge step forward for me and my research! I am so excited that the birth acts were presented and recorded since these records are not available yet
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

tikibar22 wrote:T-
Thanks so much, this is a huge step forward for me and my research! I am so excited that the birth acts were presented and recorded since these records are not available yet
Yes, to have the dates of the acts listed in the Pubblicazione document is a PLUS!!! :-)

So happy for you!

T.