I need help translating a (memorial?) card

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lljg
Rookie
Rookie

I need help translating a (memorial?) card

Post by lljg »

I found this (Memorial?) card in my Grandma's daily missal. Can anyone translate it? I am wondering if she is a relative. God bless you. :D
Attachments
(Memorial?) card - inside pages - Licia Cantagalli
(Memorial?) card - inside pages - Licia Cantagalli
Card found in Grandma's Daily Missal - inside pages - Licia Can.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 866 times
(Memorial?) card - front & back pages - Licia Cantagalli
(Memorial?) card - front & back pages - Licia Cantagalli
Card found in Grandma's Daily Missal - front and back pages.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 866 times
Jean

Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: I need help translating a (memorial?) card

Post by erudita74 »

lljg wrote:I found this (Memorial?) card in my Grandma's daily missal. Can anyone translate it? I am wondering if she is a relative. God bless you. :D
Other than the dates and places of birth and death, the prayer card itself has no value genealogy wise. I did locate her death record though among the SMCV records. Her father was Alberto and her mother Elvira (surname is difficult to decipher). I am still working on it. Unfortunately it is difficult to know from the card if her place of birth, given as Torino, refers to the city or to the province. The death record also just reads Torino, and there are no online records for there for 1901. Tracing the names would be the way to determine if she was connected to your ancestry. Here's the record-

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2133162926

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

She died in case sparse di Via Melorio, house without a number. Her parents were living in SMCV. Informants were Salvatore Avella and Pasquale Buoncervino, but their relationship to the deceased is not given in the record. However, these same informants appear on other death records before and after hers and, more than likely, have no connection to her or her family. She was single and had never before been married. I still can't decipher the mother's maiden name.

Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Elvira Penna?