marriage record help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

marriage record help

Post by EliseLaRocca »

I have come across another record i need help with, i am very thankful for any help you might can be with this :D

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o50 ... C00218.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o50 ... C00216.jpg

the above and below are the same photo i was just able to lighten up one a little. the very first photo is the second half of the record.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o50 ... C00217.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: marriage record help

Post by Tessa78 »

The image is difficult, but here is what I think it says :-)

Dated 17 or 18 of November 1870(?) at noon
Before the official appeared:
Salvatore LaRocca, single, minor, residing in Gibellina, a mason; son of deceased Nunzio and of Maria Capo(?) residing in Gibellina;
AND
Giuseppa A??uso(?), single, minor, born in Scil????, residing in Gibellina, a weaver; daughter of Vittorio and of Giuseppa LaRocca.

T.
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by EliseLaRocca »

Tessa78 wrote:The image is difficult, but here is what I think it says :-)

Salvatore LaRocca, single, minor, residing in Gibellina, a mason; son of deceased Nunzio and of Maria Capo(?) residing in Gibellina;
AND
Giuseppa A??uso(?), single, minor, born in Scil????, residing in Gibellina, a weaver; daughter of Vittorio and of Giuseppa LaRocca.

T.

I thought that it said Giuseppa Fumuso do you think the A could be a F? also how are her Parents Vittorio and Giuseppa LaRocca if her last name was Fumuso or are they not listing her fathers name since it is the same as her and they are stating that her mothers maiden name was LaRocca? Thank you very much for trying to help with this record, i know it was not a easy read. :D
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

EliseLaRocca wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:The image is difficult, but here is what I think it says :-)

AND

T.

I thought that it said Giuseppa Fumuso do you think the A could be a F? also how are her Parents Vittorio and Giuseppa LaRocca if her last name was Fumuso or are they not listing her fathers name since it is the same as her and they are stating that her mothers maiden name was LaRocca? Thank you very much for trying to help with this record, i know it was not a easy read. :D
Yes, the father's surname is not repeated and the mother's full maiden name is given. :-)
I believe you are right, the surname of Giuseppa could be Fumuso... :-)

T.
shadelarae

Post by shadelarae »

I got on here researching my family heritage and started by searching by last name..LARocca. My grandfather was Salvatore LaRocca. He grew up in NewYork, Manhattan area. Once he joined the nmilitary he changed the a to an o making the name LaRocco. I am trying to find more info from aunts & uncles who are still alive as both of my grandparents have long since passed, along with my mother. But the name Salvatore LaRocca caught my attention in this post. I want to research his heritage and what area in Italy he can be traced to.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I ask you a few questions to help us help you...
when was he born? when did he go to the USA (or was he born there)?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.