Need 2 birth certificates for great grandparents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
puglisigeraci

Need 2 birth certificates for great grandparents

Post by puglisigeraci »

Antonina Geraci was born in Lipari in 1887
I found an address of Piazza Mazzini,1-98055, Lipari, Italy

Basilio Puglisi's info from a us census states he was from Brolo,Messina, Sicily born 1865 or 1864
I am not sure where to write for his long form.

Is it proper to send along some cash, since I have to pay for my grandparents and parents certificates here in the states?
Thanks so much for your help, my son who vacationed in Italy last year has really caught the bug to get dual citizenship
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need 2 birth certificates for great grandparents

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#6
1864 Jan 19th born recorded on the 20th in the town of Brolo birth of Basilio Puglisi son of Giuseppe Puglisi and Carmela Busacca

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Brolo
Via Dante
98061 Brolo (ME)
Italy
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Basilio Puglisi di Giuseppe Puglisi e Carmela Busacca il 1864 (Num.d'Ordine#5) di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Il mio nome e`YOURNAME. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere il Vostro aiuto, poiche mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale di:Basilio Puglisi di Giuseppe a nato Brolo il gennaro 19 1864
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO IDMarty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You might have the wrong info for Antonina Geraci was born in Lipari in 1887
I checked Lipari records no record that date I know that what it says on this record

CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
puglisigeraci

Post by puglisigeraci »

Thank you so much Adelfio for your help. My son found Antonina's birth name as Della Chiesa on that date in Lipari, but when she came over with her 5 sisters and mom ( no dad Della Chiesa) her last name was listed as Geraci. Antonina then married Basilio Puglisi, had my grandfather Guiseppe in 1911. Basilio passed in 1916 when my grandfather guiseppe was 5. So far we have "No records" from USCIS and NARA. I now just have to get it from Manhattan and Bronx county courthouses for Basilio and I think we will be in good shape for Jure Sanguinis. Mille grazie per il suo aiuto!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

puglisigeraci wrote:Thank you so much Adelfio for your help. My son found Antonina's birth name as Della Chiesa on that date in Lipari, but when she came over with her 5 sisters and mom ( no dad Della Chiesa) her last name was listed as Geraci. Antonina then married Basilio Puglisi, had my grandfather Guiseppe in 1911. Basilio passed in 1916 when my grandfather guiseppe was 5. So far we have "No records" from USCIS and NARA. I now just have to get it from Manhattan and Bronx county courthouses for Basilio and I think we will be in good shape for Jure Sanguinis. Mille grazie per il suo aiuto!
You know I looked at the birth act for Antonina Della Chiesa daughter of Domenico Della Chiesa and Antonia Caira did you know she had a twin sister Concetta Della Chiesa the following entry with the same parents
PG LINK TO CONCETTA
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2041024616

How did you come up with Della Chiesa meaning no dad for Antonina for Della Chiesa is a surname from Lipari

Marty

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the birth record of Antonina Della Chiesa in 1887 in Lipari (record #45)

She is a TWIN to Concetta Della Chiesa  (record #46)

Antonina
Record #45
Dated 6 February 1887, born 5 February.
Mother: Antonia Caia, laborer, wife of
Father: Domenico Della Chiesa, 30, cooper/barrel maker
She was presented to the official by the midwife Concetta Virgona, 19.
Given the name ANTONINA, twin

Concetta
Record #46
Same information.
Given the name CONCETTA, twin to the preceeding birth.

T.

Hi Marty, sorry for the duplication! :-)
puglisigeraci

Post by puglisigeraci »

I went over my son's house yesterday and he showed me a ships manifest he found online showing Antonia Della Chiesa and 6 girls with the same last name after hers on the list. There was no Domenico Della Chiesa's name with theirs on the same page. I did not mean that Della Chiesa meant "no father", I just meant that no father with that surname was listed on the manifest. I started looking into genealogy way back in 1987 - fascinated with it. A few days ago, my son, who fell in LOVE with Cinque Terra, asked for me to help him gain Jure sanguinis I found my stash of paperwork and found a letter from Camille Puglisi, my grandfathers Guiseppes sister. She had hand written that Antonina - their mother, was one of 7 sisters, was a twin and that one of the sisters died either at birth or as an infant. Aunt Camille actually wrote that Antoninas last name was Geraci - we had never heard of Della Chiesa until my son found the same birth record and the ships manifest online yesterday. I often wondered where "Daniel" came from since it did not seem to be an Itaian name. Thanks you guys for your help, I dont know if I would have ever uncovered the actual birth info with the different last name.
puglisigeraci

Post by puglisigeraci »

The letter I had from my great aunt mentioned a twin, but did not remember the name. Thanks for your help, I do not know why I did not get an e-mail alerting me to te additonal answers form you. So I am sorry I am late with my thanks. BUT NOW the Post office does not sell Irc's anymore. Fedex wants $89 each way for postage!! Post office would charge $45 each way using fedex ( I know, makes no sense) Since I have two - one for Basilio in Brolo and one for Antonina in Lipari we are talking a minimum of $180. Is there any other way to do this? Or should I just pay a company at this point?
Thanks again for any help you may be able to lend, I will check this site in case someone posts.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Just send regular mail no money with self addressed return envelope no stamp they will pay for the postage

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Brolo
Via Dante
98061 Brolo (ME)
Italy
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Basilio Puglisi di Giuseppe Puglisi e Carmela Busacca il 1864 (Num.d'Ordine#5) di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere il Vostro aiuto, poiche mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale di:Basilio Puglisi di Giuseppe a nato Brolo il gennaro 19 1864
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

UFFICIO DI ANAGRAFE
Comune di Lipari
Piazza Mazzini, 1
98055 Lipari (ME)
Italy

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Antonina Della Chiesa di Domenico Della Chiesa e Antonia Caira il 1887 (Num.d'Ordine#45) di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere il Vostro aiuto, poiche mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale di:Antonina Della Chiesa a nato Lipari il Feb 5 1887
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty

Marty
puglisigeraci

Post by puglisigeraci »

Thanks marty!!
I can't believe they would do all that for nothing! It has cost me hundreds already to get the subsequent marriage, birth and death certificates form NY and Fl. I have been fretting about this all weekend, run to two different post offices and fedex. MILLE GRAZIE!!