Birth Record Translation - Merola

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jrbonk

Birth Record Translation - Merola

Post by jrbonk »

Hi, can someone help me translate the following Birth Record number 370. Here is as far as I got before having trouble with the script:

The year nineteen hundred three on the day eighteen, of July in hours and minutes ___ aute midday dieu, in the Town Hall.

Next to me Louis Verrone Assessor delegate with eight of the First Mayor Of Him Felbraio current year, approvoto

Officer of the Civil State of the City of Maddaloni and appeared Michele Merola of the late Raphael, aged thirty-eight, shoemaker, residing in Maddaloni, the which I stated that the oreonte midday nine minutes of the quindiu corrento of the month, in the house put in Via Forenele number _ lme by Desiato wife Rosa, Di Di Angelantonio omni casoliugo thirty-seven, with partner efro him.
and born a female child who has examined me, and that is by the name of Louise
To the above and this act were present as witnesses Warriors Carlo Angelo, aged twenty-eight

Thanks!

- Jeff
Attachments
MerolaLuisa.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Translation - Merola

Post by erudita74 »

L’anno millnovento addi diciotto di Luglio, a ore ante meridiane dieci e minuti__________(at 10 a.m. exactly; no minutes)

Avanti di me Verrone Luigi assessore delegato con atto del Sindaco del primo febbraio corrente anno, approvato (Before me, Luigi Verrone, assessor, delegated by an act of the Mayor dated on Feb 1st of the current year, approved.

.. ha dicharato che alle ore ante meridiane nove e minuti ____________, del di quindici__del corrente mese….. al numero ____________(no number on the house) -stated to me that, at 9 a.m. (again no minutes; 9 a.m. exactly); al numero with the blank means that there was no number on the house

da sua moglie Devieto Rosa, daughter of Angelantonio (Devieto) di anni trentasette casalingua con esso lui conviente (age 37, a housewife, living with her husband

testimoni (witnesses)
Guerrieri (this is the witness Carlo’s surname. He was the son of Angelo Guerrieri, was age 28, and a scribente (scribe)

The other witness was Tommaso Ferrero, the son of deceased Saverio (Ferrero); he was age 47 and an usciere (usher)

Letto il presente atto agli’intervenuti … con me firmati i soli testimoni, essendo il dichiarante illetterato

I read (that is the town official read) the present act to those who intervened and, with me, only the witnesses signed, as the informant was illiterate.

Erudita
jrbonk

Post by jrbonk »

Thank you very much, Erudita!

- Jeff
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

jrbonk wrote:Thank you very much, Erudita!

- Jeff

You're welcome, Jeff. The correct spelling of Rosa's surname is Desiato, as you had typed. It's wrong in my translation.

Erudita
jrbonk

Post by jrbonk »

Thanks Erudita, I only knew the spelling from some previous documents.

- Jeff