Help please, with critical information only

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Help please, with critical information only

Post by jkingb »

Can somebody help decipher the critical information in this birth record? I took a bad scan, and unfortunately cannot make out the child's name. It is a sibling -so I was looking at surnames only. The father should be Paolo Dosseto and mother - Maddalena Formica. I see that. But is there any other useful info I am missing - i.e., names (or parents?), occupation, residence? Thanks for any help! I cannot attach 2 images - the image was spread across two pages. However, the information toward the bottom (second image) doesn't seem to be so important.
Attachments
scan0004 copy.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help please, with critical information only

Post by Tessa78 »

jkingb wrote:Can somebody help decipher the critical information in this birth record? I took a bad scan, and unfortunately cannot make out the child's name. It is a sibling -so I was looking at surnames only. The father should be Paolo Dosseto and mother - Maddalena Formica. I see that. But is there any other useful info I am missing - i.e., names (or parents?), occupation, residence? Thanks for any help! I cannot attach 2 images - the image was spread across two pages. However, the information toward the bottom (second image) doesn't seem to be so important.
Father: Sig. Paolo Dossetto, son of deceased Antonio, age 32, carpenter, residing in this place…
Presented a male child born on 26 October of the current year at 2 AM to his wife Maddalena Formica, daughter of deceased Antonio, with him residing in the home in this place at Corso Vittorio Emanuele
The name of the child actually appears on the first line of the SECOND page

T.
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jkingb »

Thank you so much! The left side where the name also appears got cut off! I see it on the other page, though. It looks like Fiori(e)nzo Ignazio - is that correct? So I guess there are no names of the wives of the parents. Attached is the second page in case I am incorrect. The birthdate is October 1869, but I can't make out the date. Can anybody help? Thank you!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

jkingb wrote:Thank you so much! I didn't get the left side where the name also appears! So I guess there are no names of the wives of the parents.
Mother's of the parents are not mentioned.

The left column looks like it might read Lorenzo Ignazio :-)

T.
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jkingb »

Tessa - Sorry, I posted before seeing your second reply. I see also that you wrote Oct. 26. I didn't previously see that. Lorenzo. Thank you.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

jkingb wrote:Thank you so much! The left side where the name also appears got cut off! I see it on the other page, though. It looks like Fiori(e)nzo Ignazio - is that correct? So I guess there are no names of the wives of the parents. Attached is the second page in case I am incorrect. The birthdate is October 1869, but I can't make out the date. Can anybody help? Thank you!
Could be Fiorenzo :-)

You did not attach the second page :(

Date of the record is 27th, birth on the 26th...

T.
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jkingb »

Tessa - thank you for the additional information. I believe it is Fiorenzo, as I originally guessed. I wrote Fiori(e)nzo - because though the actual name should be spelled Fiorenzo, it looks like an "i" in this record instead of "e". Can you confirm? I had never heard the name but googled what it appeared to be, and apparently it is a given name in Italy. I also wrote 1669 instead of 1869 :) I hope I got the year right.

The record is attached.
Attachments
scan0005 copy.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

It's definitely Fiorenzo Ignazio
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran