Looking for Surname Marcella, Palermiti, Catanzaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Roberto7743

Looking for Surname Marcella, Palermiti, Catanzaro

Post by Roberto7743 »

I'm looking for information on Tomaso Antonio Marcella, b. Feb. 1891 in Palermiti, Catanzaro. His parents were Antonio Marcella and Mary Sica. Tomaso left Palermiti in 1902 and emigrated to Quebec City, Canada in 1907. He left the port of Antwerp, Belgium on the ship Montezuma. Once in Canada, he made his way to Grand Falls, New Brunswick where he married Methilde Michaud in 1911, and had 7 children. The surname changed to Marshall. In summer of 1932 he wrote a letter to his eldest son from New York City, saying he was looking for work in the construction of tunnels. (Subway?) He was never heard from again. Appreciate any info anyone can share about his location, death, or family. Thanks :roll:
pushak

Re: Looking for Surname Marcella, Palermiti, Catanzaro

Post by pushak »

Hi, My name is Sylvain Lavoie and I live in Grand Falls, New Brunswick.My mothers Aunt was Methilde Michaud.She Maried Antonio Marcella.We have lost contact with them after they moved away from Grand Falls.I would really like to know where they moved to and the whereabouts of their siblings.Would you have the names of their children and where they are?You could contact me direct at sylver@aernet.ca I would really appreciate your input....I have searched for years for information about this family.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Surname Marcella, Palermiti, Catanzaro

Post by Tessa78 »

Roberto7743 wrote:I'm looking for information on Tomaso Antonio Marcella, b. Feb. 1891 in Palermiti, Catanzaro. His parents were Antonio Marcella and Mary Sica. Tomaso left Palermiti in 1902 and emigrated to Quebec City, Canada in 1907. He left the port of Antwerp, Belgium on the ship Montezuma. Once in Canada, he made his way to Grand Falls, New Brunswick where he married Methilde Michaud in 1911, and had 7 children. The surname changed to Marshall. In summer of 1932 he wrote a letter to his eldest son from New York City, saying he was looking for work in the construction of tunnels. (Subway?) He was never heard from again. Appreciate any info anyone can share about his location, death, or family. Thanks :roll:
This may be a long-shot.... death index record for Tom Marshall in NYC 1937
Death record can be requested for a fee from NYC Vital records using the Cert. #

Marshall Tom 55 y Apr 26 1937 #10367 Kings County

To request record
http://www.nyc.gov/dorforms/deathcert.jsp

FYI - If the Family tree for Tommaso on ancestry belongs to you...
The 1940 US Census you have posted as his residence in 1940, is actually Marcella Thomas, a nun of the order of Sisters of Notre Dame in Rochester, NY

Looked for Tommaso Antonio Marcella birth record in Palermiti in 1891 - none there.
Located this birth record in February of 1890...
Father - Antonio Marcella, 26 year old peasant farmer
Mother - Maria Sica, his wife, spinner, living with him.
Child born on 14 February 1890, presented on the 15th
Given the name ANTONIO [no Tommaso name given]

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1891225493

T.