Advice with birth/death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Advice with birth/death record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone!

I have a Maria Nicola Introna on my family tree. She was born in Molfetta to Ilarione and Maria Mastropasqua on July 26, 1864. Here is the link to her birth record:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Now in going through the death records of 1867 I found a Nicola Introna who died on February 26, 1867 also to Iliarione and Maria Mastropasqua. The record, if I am correct, states she was three years old when she passed, making her birth 1864. Do you think this could be the same person? Birth name is Maria Nicola Introna and the death record just Nicola Introna? Here is the record of the death:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

The timing is too close, so I tend to think it is one and the same person. But why wouldn't they use the same exact name? This does get confusing. I just want to be sure before I make any updates to my tree.

As always, I do thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time for this question. Have a pleasant day!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Advice with birth/death record

Post by erudita74 »

Sue
As far as I can tell,they are records for the same person. It is not uncommon to find the first name Maria dropped in marriage and death records. So, if you haven't found another child of this couple with the same name, I would say it is the same person.
Erudita
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thanks Erudita! I was thinking along the same thoughts. Always good to get a second opinion.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Thanks Erudita! I was thinking along the same thoughts. Always good to get a second opinion.

You're very welcome.
Erudita