Birth Record Francesco Angelo Visaggio 1885

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Birth Record Francesco Angelo Visaggio 1885

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone!

I found my grandfather's birth record. His name is Francesco Angelo Visaggio. According to my family and tree, I have birth listed as December 24, 1884. However, I could not find a listing of his birth in the Molfetta birth records of 1884. I checked the year of 1885 and found it! This is what I have translated so far:

Name: Francesco Visaggio (Record from his draft in U.S. name was Francesco Angelo)

Father: Andrea (Age 22, Sailor)

Mother: Maria Introna (Age not given? what does it say after moglie?)

Date of Birth: January 1, 1885 (does it say if the birth was late 1884 and just recorded 1885?)

Address: Via ??????, #23

Here is the link:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you in advance for your time!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Francesco Angelo Visaggio 1885

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Hi Everyone!

I found my grandfather's birth record. His name is Francesco Angelo Visaggio. According to my family and tree, I have birth listed as December 24, 1884. However, I could not find a listing of his birth in the Molfetta birth records of 1884. I checked the year of 1885 and found it! This is what I have translated so far:

Name: Francesco Visaggio (Record from his draft in U.S. name was Francesco Angelo)
REcord is dated 1 January at 9 AM, AND the birth is listed as 1 January at 5 AM
Father: Andrea (Age 32, Sailor)

Mother: Maria Introna (Age not given? no age, "casalinga"-housewife, what does it say after moglie?)"living with him"

Date of Birth: January 1, 1885 (does it say if the birth was late 1884 and just recorded 1885?)
See above
Address: Via Martiri, #23

Here is the link:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you in advance for your time!
T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you for your quick reply. So we celebrated my grandfather's birthday on the wrong day for all those years!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Thank you for your quick reply. So we celebrated my grandfather's birthday on the wrong day for all those years!
:lol: :lol: :lol: More common that you might think!

T.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

It was usual to declare male children's birth later, when they were born just before the end of year, so they would leave later for military service.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.