Latin documents translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lentini
Veteran
Veteran

Latin documents translation help

Post by lentini »

Hi

I was looking if someone could help me translate the following documents for me please. They are chruch records in latin from the 1800s. Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
Attachments
Giovanni Lentini Matrimonio
Giovanni Lentini Matrimonio
Domenica Schimo Morto
Domenica Schimo Morto
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Latin documents translation help

Post by erudita74 »

the top document-
dated Dec 1st, don't see the year in this record-
Marriage of Giovanni Lentini, son of Pasquale Lentini and (Donna-her title) Maria Giuseppa Cupito.
Bride: Giovanna Minniti, the widow of deceased Francesco Mamone. I don't see her parents' names in the record. Witnesses: ? Antonio Rao (not sure of his first name) and Giovanni/a(?) Pellicaro.

Erudita
lentini
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lentini »

Thanks Erudita, so I am clear, Giovanni Lentini is getting married ot Giovanna Minniti in the record ?

Thanks
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lentini wrote:Thanks Erudita, so I am clear, Giovanni Lentini is getting married ot Giovanna Minniti in the record ?

Thanks
Yes. Her name is in the margin as well.

Bottom record is the death record of (Donna-title) Domenica Schimio, the widow of deceased Bruno Lentini. The day was the 18th of the present month 1860 (the month was probably on a preceding record on the page-I don't see it in this document). I also see 66 later in the record and am not sure if this was her age at death, although I suspect that is what the number is referring to.

Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe the month is November and 66 is the age.
"Anno domini millesimo octingentesimo sexagesimo 1860 - die vero decima octava praedicti mensis 9mbris..."
"sexagesimo sexto aetatis suae anno"
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote:I believe the month is November and 66 is the age.
"Anno domini millesimo octingentesimo sexagesimo 1860 - die vero decima octava praedicti mensis 9mbris..."
"sexagesimo sexto aetatis suae anno"

Livio
You're reading the last word on the 3rd line down as November? I saw that with its ending, and what preceded it, which I suspected was the abbreviation for the word "month," but I still don't see it as Nov. There's really only 4 possibilities with that ending-Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec, and I don't see it as any of them. You may be right though.
Erudita
lentini
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lentini »

I have another document which refers to date as 18th November 1860 when she passed away, so pretty much confirms above.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

lentini wrote:I have another document which refers to date as 18th November 1860 when she passed away, so pretty much confirms above.
I'm glad you have another record to confirm that the month was November.
Erudita